Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

View Poll Results: When did you first play TFT?
1970s 59 59.60%
1980s 24 24.24%
1990s 0 0%
2000s 4 4.04%
2010s 1 1.01%
Haven't played yet 11 11.11%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2018, 04:37 AM   #11
gpoehlein

Default Re: When did you first play TFT?

Pretty sure it was late 77 or early 78. I got interested in Metagaming products through Ogre. I remember that sometime in 78, our local hobby shop (which was the only place to buy most gaming products in our city and also was where Guy McLimore was working at the time) hosted a game day at one pf our local colleges. Had to be 78 because I remember that I had just purchased a TRS-80 model I that spring and had coded a picture of a Mk V Ogre on the screen which we displayed at the gameday (computers and computer art were a still a novelty back then). As I remember, Guy ran a simple Death Test style adventure with Melee maps linked by dungeon corridors. As I remember it, instead of doors, there were "darkness screens" at the entrance and exit hexes to each room map, I I remember one player declaring he was going to "charge into the doorway". I do remember Guy rolling his eyes at the idiot and saying something like "OK... go for it" Don't remember for sure what he ran into, but he did find himself surrounded by bad guys and I think he died pretty quickly as a result.
gpoehlein is offline   Reply With Quote