Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-13-2015, 01:39 PM   #61
Rasputin

Default Re: The GURPS Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jürgen Hubert View Post
What I want to tackle next are creatures, especially the weirder ones.
Well, I can push DFM1&2 up to the next few nights, and DF9 as well, before I go on holiday this weekend.
Quote:
Oh, and have there been enough published diseases that they would warrant their own index? That's relevant to my current interests as well...
No, but how well do you know the SJGames submission format? Cuz imma gunna hit you up on G+ later.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 01:44 PM   #62
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Organism View Post
I added the templates and lenses from Action 1 & 3. I don't think the ones from Action 4 really suit the format, since they aren't exactly templates or lenses, but more like a collection of building blocks to make a template.
I agree that they don't belong under Background Lenses. For one, they're 25 points rather than 20, so you can't use them in the regular GURPS Action 1 character creation framework. They also serve, in a sense, to do direct character creation, rather than working as as a flavourful add-on to a character creation process the say the 20 point ones from vol. 1 do.

Indexing them elsewhere under Lenses might be worthwhile, or it might not. They seem to cover basically everything between them, so there's a low likelihood of anyone ever adding additional such 25 point Lenses in a Pyramid article or the like, so it's probably not worthwhile to do add them to the index anywhere, although a brief reference to the fact that they exist might be good. Depending on how exactly the index is structured.
Peter Knutsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:28 PM   #63
Jürgen Hubert

Speaking of templates, most of the racial templates from the Racial Templates by Genre page are still missing from the alphabetical list. Does anyone want to tackle that?
Old 10-13-2015, 03:07 PM   #64
Rasputin

Quote:
Speaking of templates, most of the racial templates from the Racial Templates by Genre page are still missing from the alphabetical list. Does anyone want to tackle that?
It's been deliberate on my part, due to wanting to cut down on work. My plan was to add as much as I (or anyone else) had to the genre lists, then copy/paste to a spreadsheet, reorder it, paste back to the alphabetical page, then tweak the formatting.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 01:58 AM   #65
Sam Baughn

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and some other bits.

Where should I put clothing? It seems like it might fit under either gear or armour, or possibly both. I'm adding it to gear for the moment.
Sam Baughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 02:27 AM   #66
Jürgen Hubert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Organism View Post
Where should I put clothing? It seems like it might fit under either gear or armour, or possibly both. I'm adding it to gear for the moment.
If it doesn't have armor stats, then "gear" is probably the best fit.
Old 10-14-2015, 02:28 AM   #67
Jürgen Hubert

Since I suddenly came across a bunch of alchemical potions in GURPS Creatures of the Night 4, I created an Alchemical Potions page for the Index.

However, it would probably a good idea to have a "stat line" beyond merely mentioning the name of the potion. But what kind of information should be included?
Old 10-14-2015, 03:12 AM   #68
Jürgen Hubert

Another note:

Tomorrow my Wikidot.com account expires. Since I want to switch to a cheaper account type, I can't just prolong it but have to wait until it expires and then buy the new account type.

Therefore, it can be that the wiki will be in lockdown for a few hours. But don't worry - this will be rectified as soon as I am up.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:15 AM   #69
Sam Baughn

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and some other bits.

Quote:
Since I suddenly came across a bunch of alchemical potions in GURPS Creatures of the Night 4, I created an Alchemical Potions page for the Index.

However, it would probably a good idea to have a "stat line" beyond merely mentioning the name of the potion. But what kind of information should be included?
I don't see what else you could include. Any actual rules would put it well outside fair use and there really isn't anything else to say, given that their names are self-explanatory.
Sam Baughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 04:25 AM   #70
Jürgen Hubert

GURPS Infinite Worlds: Worlds of Horror has some interesting stuff.

The "Frankenstein Treatment" on p. 11 is a "medical procedure" but also a "racial template". How many "medical procedures" are there across the supplements? Are they also worth an Index page of their own?

Oh, and I have also created Alternate Earths and Diseases index pages.