Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V. > Ogre Video Game

Old 10-06-2017, 07:31 AM   #21
Misplaced Buckeye

Default Re: The Ogre Video Game is Available Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Sorciere View Post
As far as other platforms go, I'd love to get Ogre on Android.
Who wouldn't....more portability, work in common with the War room. One can dream....
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:25 AM   #22
rickr

Is there any chance that the game will be available on GOG?

Thanks!
Old 10-06-2017, 08:30 AM   #23
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misplaced Buckeye View Post
Who wouldn't....more portability, work in common with the War room. One can dream....
Honestly? Myself.

It's bad enough I had to resurrect a VM that plays like a dog to be able to play it at all; I don't want yet another device/platform I don't have to be necessary to play. :-(

In general, I'm really not a fan of tablets (regardless of vendor), but I will admit it would be a very intuitive way to play.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:54 AM   #24
greyarea

Quote:
Originally Posted by AurochJake View Post
Good to see the requests for other platforms - just to confirm what people have already mentioned above, if we were to port to Mac/Linux, the key you have purchased already would work for all 3 systems :)
Another vote, this one for Mac.
greyarea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:44 AM   #25
mstlaurent

I bought it last night. That's the first time I've paid full price for a video game in a decade, I hope you all feel special. ;-)

Very fun to play. The stacked icons are kinda weird, but I can see why they did it that way. I did have one crash in the tutorial, but when I restarted the mission it played through again just fine. Got through the entire tutorial and about halfway through the second campaign scenario before I had to go do other things. Looking forward to more scenarios on the GEV maps, I was always more into GEV than Ogre.

One gripe: Spillover fire doesn't affect terrain. This is exactly the sort of tedious record keeping that porting a board game to a video game is supposed to take over for you. This isn't that big of a deal right now, but when they start to port over the Raid scenarios it could start to affect play balance.
mstlaurent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:50 AM   #26
woodchuck

I'd like to see console versions.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:01 PM   #27
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstlaurent View Post
I bought it last night. That's the first time I've paid full price for a video game in a decade, I hope you all feel special. ;-)
. . . Spillover fire doesn't affect terrain. This is exactly the sort of tedious record keeping that porting a board game to a video game is supposed to take over for you.
Thank you for early adopting! As to terrain - yes, that should eventually be implemented. Auroch, is that on a punch list?
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:10 PM   #28
Belle Sorciere

Quote:
Originally Posted by AurochJake View Post
Good to see the requests for other platforms - just to confirm what people have already mentioned above, if we were to port to Mac/Linux, the key you have purchased already would work for all 3 systems :)

Different on console & mobile, but unfortunately them's the rules.

Thanks folks, great seeing the response so far!
Just to be clear I totally don't expect my PC license to transfer to android, I just want to be able to take Ogre anywhere I go. :)

And I totally understand people not wanting it on tablet. What I don't understand is people not wanting me (or anyone else) to have it on tablet.
Belle Sorciere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:53 PM   #29
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Sorciere View Post
And I totally understand people not wanting it on tablet. What I don't understand is people not wanting me (or anyone else) to have it on tablet.
I don't think anyone said you couldn't have it, just that it's something I wouldn't necessarily vote for. Given the choice, I'd like to see it on other workstations first before putting it on tablets, but that has nothing to do with your vote :-)
Old 10-06-2017, 03:16 PM   #30
Belle Sorciere

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
I don't think anyone said you couldn't have it, just that it's something I wouldn't necessarily vote for. Given the choice, I'd like to see it on other workstations first before putting it on tablets, but that has nothing to do with your vote :-)
Fair enough! :)
Belle Sorciere is offline   Reply With Quote