Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-17-2011, 04:21 AM   #51
Harry O'Gane

Default Re: [IC] The Marching Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Kobold View Post
((Can Grok have contacted the Order of the old Stone at some point during the past three days knowing that the castle was particularly at risk for atack at this time?))

I'd like to request an intelligence analysis roll @ 12 please

Strategy @ 15 (3d6=8)
(OOC: You mean, trying to get them on your side to fight? Or gather information from them? What do you want from them? If you want some troops, you'd have to convince them in some manner, although it is highly improbable. The Stone swears its allegiance to the King, effectively making them Royalists, but not in all cases. Some of them are only nominately sworn to the King, but the work they do is simply good-doing, regardless for whom. Therefore, contacting them could be in a form of Writing, personally adressing them with Diplomacy or using low-lifes and thugs to deliver the message via Streetwise.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Fox View Post
Godfrey will give the command to assemble the troops and prepare to ride, as soon as he receives the message. Though he knows he has a much better chance of beating Astaron if he stays in the castle and defends, if asked he will let people know that his concern is that if Astaron simply decides to ravage the countryside first, the orcs burning and pillaging will cause too much damaged and needs to be stopped before it can start.

Meeting the others in the great hall.

"Its seems Astaron is determined to turn this grudge into a war after all, I have given the order, we ride once the troops are prepared, this will be a tough fight but I have beaten Orcs before and I will beat them again, regardless of who leads them!"
Sir Fharin, producing a map of the area (in the future, I'll just crop the relevant parts, no need to have it so big all the time.), starts pointing out specific landmarks.

"Here is where we will meet if we head out now. Brul's Pointe. It's an area full or orchards, basically, so meeting him at that spot cannot guarantee we will be in a position to actually gain any significant advantage over him. These, Treetop Hill and Darrin Plains, I would not choose as our options. The plains are too open, and the road from Dallan is on a much higher ground, so we'll be spotted in a jiffy. The hill area here looks like a good place for an ambush, but it is totally out of the way and we wouldn't gain much by going there, except for sending out scouts there.

Now, some surrounding villages apparently will join our cause. Wyn, Hamen and Thun all have men capable of fighting, so once we start recruiting, those are the places to look for first, inculding Simonton Town, of course."

Last edited by Harry O'Gane; 07-17-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Harry O'Gane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:30 AM   #52
Epic Kobold

((I hope this is okay, it's largely a copy-n-paste of the PM))

Grok bursts into the assembly room with a nervous Human in tow. Those of you who would know him recognize Garim, the scout leader.

"Tell them what you told me." Grok hissed, his usual calm surface cracking under the pressure of suppressed anger.

"We rode yesterday to Treetop Hill, as you've ordered us, and as far as we could see, Sir Astaron is packing, and his forces are on the move as we speak. By now they should've walked about five miles already.

Your Honor, we're not sure since we were a bit far in order not to get spotted, but my team and I believe that Sir Astaron isn't using orcs as the rumour goes. We think, Sir..."

He pauses for a moment, looking like he's having a problem with saying the next sentence.

"Say it!" Grok snapped.

"...we think those were Reptile Men he had with him."
Old 07-17-2011, 09:31 AM   #53
Lamech

"If he's marching directly on the castle waiting here would seem to be our best option for battle. Unless he tries to burn the town first or something similar no need to sally-forth and do battle.

Although if he is going to attack the towns we should march on him and destroy his forces. On that note, do you guys want me to see if I can get better information on his forces? Determine the composition of his forces? He's just marching down the road right?

OOC: Can I have used the salary to purchase a horse, (and a months worth of CoL stuffs?), over the three days I would have done nothing else important other than practicing to keep skills up. Edit: Never mind horses are freaking expensive; I'll have bought one months of CoL stuffs.

Last edited by Lamech; 07-17-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:43 AM   #54
Harry O'Gane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
"If he's marching directly on the castle waiting here would seem to be our best option for battle. Unless he tries to burn the town first or something similar no need to sally-forth and do battle.

Although if he is going to attack the towns we should march on him and destroy his forces. On that note, do you guys want me to see if I can get better information on his forces? Determine the composition of his forces? He's just marching down the road right?

OOC: Can I have used the salary to purchase a horse, (and a months worth of CoL stuffs?), over the three days I would have done nothing else important other than practicing to keep skills up.
Fharin replies: "Astaron will play dirty. I am almost a hundred percent sure he'll go for the town first, especially since he's so furious and angry. It's a shame whole city is not embedded with walls. Redhall had it covered pretty nicely, building the castle in the middle and numerous "mini-keeps" at crucial points.

I still believe we should intercept him."

(OOC: As I've mentioned, if you need to buy anything, go ahead. For prices, see Basic Set. Sure, you can open that Low-Tech if you really want to, as well.)
Old 07-17-2011, 10:06 AM   #55
Lamech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry O'Gane View Post
Fharin replies: "Astaron will play dirty. I am almost a hundred percent sure he'll go for the town first, especially since he's so furious and angry. It's a shame whole city is not embedded with walls. Redhall had it covered pretty nicely, building the castle in the middle and numerous "mini-keeps" at crucial points.

(OOC: As I've mentioned, if you need to buy anything, go ahead. For prices, see Basic Set. Sure, you can open that Low-Tech if you really want to, as well.)
Ezreal sighs... "Needed to make sure. Didn't want us all being complete morons and giving up a castle for no purpose. But then yes we must meet them before they reach the town."
Old 07-17-2011, 03:45 PM   #56
Grey_Fox

Quote:

"I agree Astaron has no honor and the people of Simonton will pay for it if we stay here in the castle"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Kobold View Post
"...we think those were Reptile Men he had with him."
"Damn! I knew he would have some dirty trick! At least Orcs we could have bribed!" composing himself "Perhaps this will work to our advantage in the long run, lizard men respect strength over all else, if we ever want the lizard men to work with us in the future perhaps it is best they experience our might directly....no, no amount of outside forces will save Astaron from me! We ride directly for him as soon as the troops are prepared, Ezreal I will need you with the scouts, I will need to know the numbers of his forces, take a horse from the stables and ride like the wind."

Last edited by Grey_Fox; 07-17-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Grey_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:05 PM   #57
Hannes665

Sir Green would have rode out after the dinner to see his lands.

Then return if or when he would be told of the approaching army.

Darth Vader "Luke! I am your fathers second cousins sisters best friends brother!"

Luke Skywalker "Nooo... eehh What?!"
Hannes665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:03 PM   #58
Lamech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Fox View Post
We ride directly for him as soon as the troops are prepared, Ezreal I will need you with the scouts, I will need to know the numbers of his forces, take a horse from the stables and ride like the wind."
All right then, I'll put my armor on and take a horse to the enemy, at once!
Assuming no one objects Ezreal gets his gear (weapons and armor) and heads forth on a war-bred horse, (complete with saddle, bridle and saddle quivers) and starts riding toward the enemy.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:17 AM   #59
Harry O'Gane

Fharin folds the map and asks Godfrey:

"Godfrey, I take it you will be leading the forces personally? Or do you want to appoint someone else? Also, you will need someone as an intelligence chief to inform you of enemy's movement. And a quartermaster to take care of the logistics. I will be waiting for you a bit to the north, take good care."

Fharin goes out and hops on his horse, a fine black stallion Vivaldi, gift from the late Lord. He rides off, leaving a trail of dust behind him.

(OOC: Check the OOC Thread. Last preparations, gentlemen, and we'll start the battle. Good luck.)
Old 07-19-2011, 03:13 AM   #60
Grey_Fox

Quote:
Fharin folds the map and asks Godfrey:

"Godfrey, I take it you will be leading the forces personally? Or do you want to appoint someone else? Also, you will need someone as an intelligence chief to inform you of enemy's movement. And a quartermaster to take care of the logistics. I will be waiting for you a bit to the north, take good care."
Nods to Fharin "Yes i will lead the troops myself, have the scouts report directly to me, Duncan I assume will want to be by the side of his men in battle, and with Sir Green's permission i would have him ride with the cavalry. As far as I am aware few men are as apt with numbers as Alonso so he will act as quartermaster. Grok will be needed amongst the healers, his skills will save many lives at the end of this today i would imagine."

OOC:notes
Spoiler:  
Grey_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
banestorm, caithess, civil war, mass combat, yrth