Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 09-26-2012, 10:01 PM   #701
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

Several of Dr. Mist's personnel have been at ground zero for robberies or assaults by the Beatlemaniac, whose crimes fit just the sort of theme you'd expect.

MIST: "This has not been a good week for us. As much as I would like to discourage such actions, if anyone decided to give the Beatlemaniac a couple dozen kicks to the groin with steel-toe boots, I think I can look away."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:12 AM   #702
Dead Monky

"I had triplets, but one got eaten by a wolf so you only have two kids left. Now pay up!"

In my Earthdawn game one of my players has an elf Swordmaster who's a bit of a man-whore and sleeps with anyone he can in every town, city, and village we go to. It's bad enough that we have a list of places we can't go back to without having to disguise him or sneak him in for fear of bastard children, irate ex-lovers, angry spouses, and ****** of parents chasing after him. In this case, he forgot about his last visit there. Much hilarity ensued as we were run out of town.
Dead Monky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #703
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Monky View Post
"I had triplets, but one got eaten by a wolf so you only have two kids left. Now pay up!"

In my Earthdawn game one of my players has an elf Swordmaster who's a bit of a man-whore and sleeps with anyone he can in every town, city, and village we go to. It's bad enough that we have a list of places we can't go back to without having to disguise him or sneak him in for fear of bastard children, irate ex-lovers, angry spouses, and ****** of parents chasing after him. In this case, he forgot about his last visit there. Much hilarity ensued as we were run out of town.
*heh* Are they all with non-human or half-human mothers, by any chance? :)

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:35 PM   #704
Dead Monky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
*heh* Are they all with non-human or half-human mothers, by any chance? :)
Mostly human and elven. Though I think we decided at some point there was at least one produced with an ork mother after a particularly drunken bender.

Last edited by Dead Monky; 10-01-2012 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Had to fix my omission. Bothered me.
Dead Monky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #705
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Monky View Post
Mostly human and elven. Though I think we decided at some point there was at least one produced after a particularly drunken bender.
... and that's where you came from, Chiron.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #706
William

Cartoon humor regarding the effects of this lifestyle in D&D: Slightly NSFW picture (omg boobies).

The kids in the drawing seem nice. I've always cherished the idea that he sweet-talked his way out of that entire situation and the lot of them are now good friends.

Last edited by William; 09-29-2012 at 10:16 AM.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #707
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Cartoon humor regarding the effects of this lifestyle in D&D: Slightly NSFW picture (omg boobies).

The kids in the drawing seem nice. I've always cherished the idea that he sweet-talked his way out of that entire situation and the lot of them are now good friends.
Well, I've seen other pictures of that bard's family. It seems the women all get along - except maybe for his legitimate wife, the elf in his adventuring party, who is jealous the bard can boink anything except her! :)

And the kids all get along for the most part, it seems. :)

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #708
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
Well, I've seen other pictures of that bard's family. It seems the women all get along - except maybe for his legitimate wife, the elf in his adventuring party, who is jealous the bard can boink anything except her! :)

And the kids all get along for the most part, it seems. :)
The elf isn't his wife - he actually didn't even know she was female for the longest time. She's just horrified by the way he acts :)
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:27 AM   #709
digoraccoon

Sycorax: "According to this, there were talks of a Transformers/DC Universe crossover. Even had an idea of Wonder Woman's invisible jet transforming into a robot. What do you think?"

DM: "Hmm... nope, can't see it."

The Arbiters Conspiracy comics at its Fnordest.
digoraccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:04 AM   #710
Ed the Coastie

My wife and I were playing AD&D 2e several years ago with several friends and the game had gone on pause while a couple of the guys made a run to the local Taco Bell. When they returned, they walked in on a conversation about riverboat gamblers in a hand-to-hand brawl with river pirates.

One of the returnees was pretty new to the group...it was only his second or third game with us. (He was the brother-in-law of one of my regulars and had recently moved back into town.) He listened for a moment and said,"Hey...that sounds like fun. Are all of our games like that?"

My wife looked at him and shook her head. "What game? That was Ed's bachelor party..."

Tags
actual play, funny