Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-04-2019, 08:08 PM   #1
Libo

Default GURPS Supers

Hey all, I'm making my game of GURPS Supers, but I have some questions, like: What happens when someone with fireball throw agains't a rock? Do the powers use fatigue pooints? Thats are my questions for now, if I get more, will be back here. (I don't found the solutions on sites)
Libo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 08:14 PM   #2
Refplace

Default Re: GURPS Supers

Innate Attack does not cost FP unless you put the costs fatigue limitation on it. There is an optional rule for using powers extensively costing fatigue, much like losing fatigue after a fight.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 08:23 PM   #3
Libo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Innate Attack does not cost FP unless you put the costs fatigue limitation on it. There is an optional rule for using powers extensively costing fatigue, much like losing fatigue after a fight.
Thx, and about the powers contest? Do they cancel each other or it depends of the material?
Old 12-04-2019, 08:42 PM   #4
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libo View Post
Thx, and about the powers contest? Do they cancel each other or it depends of the material?
I thought you were talking about throwing a fireball against a rock.
If so resolve damage normally.
If your taking about a super tossing a fireball and another tossing a rock against him you could use Power Parry. See the Defending with Powers section in GURPS Powers starting on p. 167.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 09:04 PM   #5
whswhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
If your taking about a super tossing a fireball and another tossing a rock against him you could use Power Parry. See the Defending with Powers section in GURPS Powers starting on p. 167.
More generally, GURPS Powers is the core book for game mechanics for people with special abilities. Do you have it? If not, I strongly recommend it; really it's more essential than Supers, and Supers assumes you have it and refers to it.

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
whswhs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 08:58 AM   #6
Libo

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
More generally, GURPS Powers is the core book for game mechanics for people with special abilities. Do you have it? If not, I strongly recommend it; really it's more essential than Supers, and Supers assumes you have it and refers to it.
Oh, I don't have the GURPS Powers but i will search. Thx you all