Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-10-2011, 06:18 PM   #11
Puppetminion

Default Re: Mass Combat Spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by vierasmarius View Post
I think the 10% TS is a houserule that's been bandied about on the forum. It's supposed to deal with situations like a TL8 Heavy Weapons squad being instantly overrun by TL3 Medium Infantry, simply because they have an actual TS and the HW doesn't.
It's errata/ a rule change. v1.2 of the PDF (august 2010) has the 10% rule but the original doesn't (I didn't download 1.1 so don't know about that one).
Puppetminion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:36 AM   #12
Grey_Fox

Well it certainly makes sense, i have wondered a bit about that myself in regards to modern air support having no effect with the enemy has no air units and stuff like that, i will make an update for the sheet and bring out a new version soon =)
Grey_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:02 AM   #13
Metaphysica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Fox View Post
Well it certainly makes sense, i have wondered a bit about that myself in regards to modern air support having no effect with the enemy has no air units and stuff like that, i will make an update for the sheet and bring out a new version soon =)
Great, thanks, and if it helps, posting quote here.

Page 27:

Quote:
Determine each fighting force's makeup by element, noting in particular each element's Troop Strength (TS). For each side, total the TS of all elements to find the force's TS. Count paren-thetical TS at only 10% of its value, or as 0 if the element's sole class is C3I. It's also useful to make separate note of the total TS of each class of element – although this may be obvious from individual element records in small battles.
Page 31:

Quote:
As explained under Preparations (pp. 26-27), determine each force's Troop Strength by summing the TS of all elements involved as combatants on that side, but counting support ele-ments (those with parenthetical TS) as only 10% of their TS (or 0 TS if their sole class is C3I).
Metaphysica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:10 AM   #14
Grey_Fox

New version up (see first post), lots of changes, added the 10% rule, added strategy to the battle sheet and a few others, as always if anyone finds a bug post it here and i will endevour to fix it, Happy Gaming!
Old 05-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #15
TJA

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
:)

I am trying this with OpenOffice now, as i only have an old M$Excel.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:05 PM   #16
Grey_Fox

Ack! I have just noticed a massive math fail on the sheet, it is calculating troop quality and equipment quality wrong.....I will post a fixed version tonight when i get home, sorry guys.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:33 AM   #17
Grey_Fox

Version 5 up (see above), changed the formulas so they hopefully work now =)

Version 6 is up too lol made a quick fix for C3I units

Last edited by Grey_Fox; 05-14-2012 at 02:08 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:14 AM   #18
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

I'm noticing a bug on super soldier. It says

Quote:
Apply the modifiers under Quality (pp. 11-12) to doubled TS, not to base TS
but you are calculating Super soldiers as a flat +100%

also, is there a reason you can't add Air, calvary, or fire as a special effect? I actually have cases where it makes sense. (One army has flying demons with damage reduction and teleporting archers).

Also, I know you sometimes overwrite the TL, but for things where the TL matters, is their a better method than erasing the formula that's there with '3'?

edit: also, the (armor) addition seems to give very weak support, like 10% of the total, without neutralizing the threat

Last edited by ericthered; 05-15-2012 at 02:24 AM.
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:36 AM   #19
Grey_Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
but you are calculating Super soldiers as a flat +100%
Nice catch, hadn't noticed that, having a look the super soldier is the only feature that modifies TS so it should be an easy enough fix for the next version, will need to move some stuff about but not too hard.

Quote:
also, is there a reason you can't add Air, calvary, or fire as a special effect? I actually have cases where it makes sense. (One army has flying demons with damage reduction and teleporting archers).
I only listed the features that are in MC as features, however the sheet makes its calculations off the text in the Class field, so you could enter your own class features instead of the formula for your custom units

Quote:
Also, I know you sometimes overwrite the TL, but for things where the TL matters, is their a better method than erasing the formula that's there with '3'?
I am yet to figure out a better way but am very open to suggestions =)

Quote:
edit: also, the (armor) addition seems to give very weak support, like 10% of the total, without neutralizing the threat
Hmmm need to investigate this, a quick look and i think i may have some more screwy formulas =(

Thanks ericthered !
Old 07-27-2013, 05:36 AM   #20
Onkl

I think I found some typos:

Light Utility Aircraft give a TS of 100, when they should give 50. Also, the () are missing?

The Heavy Truck should have T3 and not T2

Cheers!

Onkl
Onkl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mass combat