Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-21-2006, 06:10 AM   #21
zorg
Experimental Subject

Default Re: So, how great is Kromm anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander
I demand that you start another thread about Andrew Hackard!
I'm perfectly on-topic. You asked "How great is Kromm", and I replied "Not half as great as Hackard". This is a legal comparison by the rules of this forum, and perfectly true on top of it.

I demand that you abstain from putting forth unreasonable demands, otherwise I will report you to one of the discussed individuals. I will also cause a tribe of rabid gorillas to have congress with you, if you know what I mean.

Also, this fawning and debasing oneself is pointless, anyway. I have tried to get custom-user-titled "Lowly Lickspittle" already, and any amount of shameless flattery and toadying didn't work. So you can stop your efforts.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:23 AM   #22
Icelander

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorg
I'm perfectly on-topic. You asked "How great is Kromm", and I replied "Not half as great as Hackard". This is a legal comparison by the rules of this forum, and perfectly true on top of it.
Without some benchmark to ascertain the greatness of Andrew Hackard, the comparison is meaningless. It's like saying: "It's hotter than X" without defining X. It's not even a comparison, it's just a irrelevant statement with no further information value.

If you want your comparison to be valid, we need a benchmark for Andrew Hackard's greatness. I propose that you immediately open a thread by which means we shall accomplish that task. Otherwise I shall consider it incumbent upon me to act in such a way as to ensure that this necessary function is executed.

Quote:
I demand that you abstain from putting forth unreasonable demands, otherwise I will report you to one of the discussed individuals. I will also cause a tribe of rabid gorillas to have congress with you, if you know what I mean.
Hah! Gorillas travel in packs, not tribes* and they very rarely infected by the virus.**

*Disputed, certainly.
**They can succumb to it easily enough, they are just not often in a position to be infected.

Quote:
Also, this fawning and debasing oneself is pointless, anyway. I have tried to get custom-user-titled "Lowly Lickspittle" already, and any amount of shameless flattery and toadying didn't work. So you can stop your efforts.
Foolish mortal!

My plan is not a mere desire to advance myself, but meant to improve the lot of the whole human race.

If Sean Punch feels more appreciated, he will enjoy a better working environment. That might lead to more productivity and thus, the human race might receive the coveted 4e books such as Martial Arts and High-Tech faster.

And I heard once that Dr. Kromm could edit the entire Encyclopædia Britannica in forty minutes flat and still have time to shag the typist and smoke a Cuban afterwards.

Last edited by Icelander; 01-03-2007 at 05:05 AM.
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 07:30 AM   #23
zorg
Experimental Subject

This is all futile. Let's simply have a Celebrity Deathmatch and agree on worshipping the survivor.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:36 AM   #24
Spudzill

But your God is Kromm and he lives in the Earth. And he made the Riddle Of Steel.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:43 AM   #25
Icelander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudzill
But your God is Kromm and he lives in the Earth. And he made the Riddle Of Steel.
Yeah, CONAN!!!

Conan is almost as great as Kromm is.

I heard that Conan once tried to tell Kromm that a Roundhouse-Revenge-of-the-Baby-Seals-GM-Smack wasn't really an effective attack in battle. This is widely regarded by historians as being the worst decision ever made.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:45 AM   #26
zorg
Experimental Subject

Quote:
When you tell Kromm your prayers, he laughs at you. He's a strong god.

On the other hand, Andrew is the infinite sky - he is above Kromm, and Kromm can't reach him.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:46 AM   #27
Spudzill

yes, but it was countered by the " Let's settle this by drinking Jack Daniels until we puke. First to puke loses." Conan won that day.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:48 AM   #28
Spudzill

Kromm I have never prayed to you, i have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember whether we were good men or bad.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:52 AM   #29
Icelander

Quote:
This is all futile. Let's simply have a Celebrity Deathmatch and agree on worshipping the survivor.
Aha!!!

So you are a monotheist, are you?

Out to oppress and persecute the minority polytheists, is that what you were planning?

Well, it won't work!

I submit that we shall venerate both.

But until you provide some benchmark for Andrew Hackard's greatness, I shall maintain that Kromm's mighty Editorial Powers are far greater than those envisioned by your lowly mind as belonging to Andrew Hackard.

In any event, I heard that Kromm once kicked Andrew Hackard into the future where he hit a time machine built by future-Kromm so hard that the time machine was sent back to our time. Kromm then travelled back in time and invented both D&D and Man-to-Man in concert with their writers disguised as a "mysterious stranger they met at the pub".
Old 09-21-2006, 07:52 AM   #30
dravenloft

Quote:
Kromm I have never prayed to you, i have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember whether we were good men or bad.
Ah, but Almighty Kromm cares not about alignment. That is a null word. He cares that we demonstrate common sense in our roleplaying and interpretation of The Rules.

Tags
kromm