Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 10-31-2020, 07:14 PM   #21
oneofmanynameless

Default Re: How big is yours?

My gaming files (exclusively gurps related, including a mixture of PDFs, and god only knows how many character sheets, GCA files, etc) is around 13 gigs, plus another half-gig of google drive spreadsheets, word documents, image documents, etc.
oneofmanynameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 08:21 PM   #22
sjard
Stick in the Mud

<Moderator>
Threads merged and moved to Roleplaying in General as they are not specifically about GURPS play.
</Moderator>
MIB #1457
sjard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 08:36 PM   #23
Alden Loveshade

OK, threads were moved and merged--I was very confused there for a moment.

Quote:
How big is yours?
If I count only GURPS, a little over 13 gigabytes.

Quote:
Gurps data all gone! OH *****!!
I'm sorry you lost your data.

For the future, I'll join the chorus: backup. I keep more than one, which once saved me--I lost two copies of everything within one week. Fortunately, I still had a third, and made more backups from that.

And in case of a disaster, including something like this, it doesn't hurt to have a backup kept somewhere else.
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 08:43 PM   #24
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Yeah, with almost 500gb of assets for rendering, I actually have a portable hard drive that, when I install new assets, I install it to both locations.

And, with a documents directory of 200 gb (of which more than 150gb is gaming materials) . . . thanks for reminding me to back that up again!

I should use this time to back the entire 1tb drive up and replace it with a 4tb . . ..
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 01:04 AM   #25
bocephus

I thought I had a pretty solid collection but my paltry 13Gb of RPG stuff doesnt really compare to some here :)

The majority of mine are self created stuff maps and adventure notes, and strangely a lot of GURPS based monsters.
bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 09:52 AM   #26
Tessen

AHEM!

So now you've all established you've all got swollen drives , massively inflated with gear.

Could someone please use their search feature and find some Gurps Weapons Tables preferably Guns Of WW1 , WW2 and Modern and then send them to me at Gods.disco@mail.com

That that would be very kind and gracious of you.

Thanks in advance.
Tessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 10:47 AM   #27
Alden Loveshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessen View Post
Could someone please use their search feature and find some Gurps Weapons Tables preferably Guns Of WW1 , WW2 and Modern and then send them to me at Gods.disco@mail.com

Thanks in advance.
Do you need the tables themselves, or just the links? There are some online.
Old 11-01-2020, 11:22 AM   #28
Tessen

I need the tables the links on 'ere are all dead and the drop boxes don't want to drop. I can't get anything. Sniff..
Old 11-01-2020, 12:53 PM   #29
Alden Loveshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessen View Post
AHEM!

So now you've all established you've all got swollen drives , massively inflated with gear.

Thanks in advance.
This confused me, but what happened was the admins combined two threads and then moved them. I'm not even sure if they were both yours or not, but I answered both of them.

To ask for weapon tables, I would suggest you start a new thread specifically on what you're looking for. The only ones I believe I have are from GURPS supplements. I found some links online, but don't know if those are legal or not, so of course won't post them.
Old 11-02-2020, 07:47 AM   #30
Tessen

Yeah I'm getting stuff now but I think I'll have to stay on line 10 hours a day downloading rpg articles for say...the next year just to get my drive stuffed like all you lot!.

It gets to the point you can't read and process all that you've got but still you snag more.

Maybe some of you guys should build a spaceship to travel to say Jupiter and while you're in some type of bio chamber you could all start reading your rpg files! There and on the way back , with some over.

Your brains can't hold it all.

Happily accumulating!