Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2015, 06:54 PM   #19
Balor Patch

Default Re: [Mass Combat] Discipline, Law, Order and Preventing Atrocities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
But I need to know whether the PC is dealing with a few isolated incidents, a couple of dozen, hundreds or thousands. I don't really have a good feeling for the percentage of people in a typical TL2-4 military force who will rape and murder civilians. As I noted earlier, I can find stats for modern militaries, but in all cases, the situation is so fundamentally different that these stats are useless.

Intuitively, I suspect anything from 5% to 80% may be possible as a baseline, assuming no influence one way or another from the high command. But I don't have enough data to come up with a narrower range.
I think in this situation it will be distinctly on the low end. There was no siege, a fairly small number of troops rapidly took the town, and the bulk of troops are being moved administratively to this "friendly" town, right? So the townfolk may be wogs but they aren't enemies. There is have a large, disciplined, and loyal force with strong executive support for policing. The troops are intensely busy and well motivated. You haven't mentioned that their pay is in arrears or any similar festering issues.

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if the crime rate dropped well below prewar levels.

Admittedly, none of that helps you find the base rate that has these wonderful modifiers. Does City Stats say anything about normal crime rates?
Balor Patch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forgotten realms, mass combat, social engineering