Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-04-2005, 08:28 AM   #51
Hex
Banned

Default Re: Okaaay... (Help with newbies and Yrth needed)

I agree with jsarek. Don't try to work around the Muslim issue. Include it whole heartedly. I think your missing a good opportunity, in including your Muslim friend. By asking for his help, with issues concerning the Muslim faith, your including him in the game world. GM's are required to know, of their campaign, but are not required to know everything. (After-all who likes a know-it-all.) I've often deffered questions, to players, that may have more accurate or better knowledge of a subject. In one campaign, there was a military aspect to the game. One of my players was an experienced military officer, who was a wealth of information for me and my group. He would answer questions or make corrections as need be with little disruption to the game. Knowing he had this knowledge, I told him- in front of the group- that he was welcome to correct any "wrong doings" concerning the military and if it would be OK if I fielded questions, his way. He was delighted to do so and, as a bonus, he became more involved in the game. I also used him, out of game time, to prepare the next adventures with any forseeable questions.

So good luck with your game!
Hex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
banestorm