Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-01-2017, 07:19 PM   #61
Ronnke

Default Re: Playing GURPS with Fantasy Grounds

FYI, there is a new update posted in the Fantasy Grounds forums.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:13 AM   #62
Ronnke

I've pushed a new release (v3.0.7) to fix a problem with importing GCA characters.
Old 06-03-2017, 07:15 AM   #63
seycyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnke View Post
I've pushed a new release (v3.0.7) to fix a problem with importing GCA characters.
Ronnke, all your work and time is really appreciated. This ruleset is really cutting edge.

Even people that play Gurps face-to-face, would find tremendous value in using this ruleset. I just ran a game the other week around the dining room table, and it rocked. The combat tracker really helped keep things running smoothly, and the new sound extension really set the mood.
seycyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:13 AM   #64
Rigil_Kent

For those interested in seeing this in action, Ronnke has started livestreaming our Saturday games (start around 5PM Central) on Twitch. He then ports these videos over to the YouTube channel he set up for the gaming group. Right now, we're still playing Traveller (3rd Imperium), but the current GM is nearing the end of his story and we're going to do Dungeon Fantasy (as run by Gigermann) for a little while, then pick up Traveller again with a different GM (me) for a new story arc.

Star Trek: Endeavour - a fanfiction site
Frak, Frel, and Other "F" Words - my blog
Rigil_Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:29 PM   #65
Ronnke

Good news everyone!

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.1.0 - 20th Oct 2017, is now available via this link: https://goo.gl/RQQzNK

These are the changes:
  • GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.1.0
    - Added Map Scales and Range Modifier calculation to pointers (Access via scale icon in the image toolbar).
    - Fixed bug with effects (post CoreRPG 3.3.3 effect changes. Players can add, remove and target their own effects).
    - Cleaned up combat tracker (editing NPC attack modes now done via linked NPC sheet).
    - Fixed issue with hex row and hex column (can now use both options with no problems).
    - Set the default grid type to hex (because GURPS!!!).
    - Token facing increased from 6 to 12 positions.
    - Added GURPS and Dungeon Fantasy RPG decal options.
    - Code optimisations and minor bug fixes.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:48 PM   #66
Ronnke

Quote:
Good news everyone!

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.1.0 - 20th Oct 2017, is now available via this link: https://goo.gl/RQQzNK

These are the changes:
  • GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.1.0
    - Added Map Scales and Range Modifier calculation to pointers (Access via scale icon in the image toolbar).
    - Fixed bug with effects (post CoreRPG 3.3.3 effect changes. Players can add, remove and target their own effects).
    - Cleaned up combat tracker (editing NPC attack modes now done via linked NPC sheet).
    - Fixed issue with hex row and hex column (can now use both options with no problems).
    - Set the default grid type to hex (because GURPS!!!).
    - Token facing increased from 6 to 12 positions.
    - Added GURPS and Dungeon Fantasy RPG decal options.
    - Code optimisations and minor bug fixes.
The dropdox link was incorrect. Please re-download, to get the v3.1.0 release.
Old 08-04-2018, 03:28 PM   #67
Ronnke

The latest Fantasy Grounds update v3.3.6 introduced a game stopping error in the GURPS ruleset. This has been fixed. Check the FG forum thread for download details.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...E-Core-Ruleset
Old 01-01-2019, 01:24 PM   #68
hal

Quote:
The latest Fantasy Grounds update v3.3.6 introduced a game stopping error in the GURPS ruleset. This has been fixed. Check the FG forum thread for download details.

Just to confirm...

The new update is version 3.2.5?

I ran into some interesting effects with regard to drag and drop feature for "Items". If I create an "Item" by right clicking in the Item's viewing area, it lets me create a new item like I would have expected. The funny part is, when I drag and drop that manually created item onto the character's inventory area, it shows up as with the "non-id Name" instead of with the item name like it should.

The odd part is? When I create a character via GCA, export it for use with FG, then drag and drop the item in inventory onto the Item viewing area - if I open up the newly created "Item" - once I fill in all the data fields, close the item created that way, then drag and drop THAT version of the item onto another character sheet, it registers the item name in inventory the way it is supposed to.

Now that I know this, I can simply cheat by dragging and dropping an item from a GCA import, drop it into the Item area, then put in ANY data I want for any other item I wish - and it will display properly in the Inventory list after dragging and dropping.

That is why I wanted to know which version is the most recent. I went to the FG forum thread and downloaded the file from there on New Year's day, checked its version number (3.2.5).
hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 10:02 PM   #69
Ronnke

Version 3.4.0 of the GURPS ruleset for Fantasy Grounds and Fantasy Grounds Unity is now available. Follow the link for download and details.

Old 03-16-2020, 03:08 AM   #70
hal

Quote:
Version 3.4.0 of the GURPS ruleset for Fantasy Grounds and Fantasy Grounds Unity is now available. Follow the link for download and details.

Looks REALLY - and I do mean REALLY Nice.

:)

Thank you.
hal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
virtual tabletop, virtual tabletops