Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 01-16-2017, 08:52 AM   #11
Fedifensor

Default Re: In Nomine in FATE 3.0

It's been a year and a half, but I finally finished writing up the summary of the adventure I ran using my Fate Core conversion for In Nomine. The adventure was called Frankenstein's Cables.
Fedifensor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 10:04 PM   #12
PK

(Crossposted comment)

This looks very solid; great conversion! The only thing that concerns me is that Essence and Dissonance are usually accumulated 1 point at a time. So if each such track has the usual [1], [2], [3], and maybe [4], which should be able to soak up to 10 points, in practice you can only soak 4. Was this intentional?

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:30 PM   #13
Fedifensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
(Crossposted comment)
This looks very solid; great conversion! The only thing that concerns me is that Essence and Dissonance are usually accumulated 1 point at a time. So if each such track has the usual [1], [2], [3], and maybe [4], which should be able to soak up to 10 points, in practice you can only soak 4. Was this intentional?
Yes, it is. In practice, an In Nomine Fate character has less Essence, but can also use Fate points or take consequences to fuel powers. The Dissonance track is less as well, but more predictable due to the lack of a random roll. Also note that characters can accumulate multiple points of Dissonance for a single occurrance - a Kyriotate's host dying is 4 Dissonance, which takes up the 4 on the track or requires the Kyriotate taking a consequence to avoid being Taken Out.

Last edited by Fedifensor; 01-17-2017 at 10:16 PM.
Fedifensor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversions