Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2020, 10:37 AM   #251
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua quickly slips around a corner and out of sight. (perception roll of 11 fails to see her)

The footsteps belong to two security personnel, both with laser riffles.

"Do you see them?"

"No, but someone had to put the sign up!"

"Be careful, its probably the dreadstormer. Who'd have thought it was a woman?"
I'm too stubborn. I'll try to wait them out. More rolls?
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:09 AM   #252
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'm too stubborn. I'll try to wait them out. More rolls?

One more set of rolls to hide and to observe.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Now recruiting in PbP forum! -- Dreadstormers needs a replacement character (or more cast!)-- Special Forces with psionic powers takes over a battleship in space!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:13 AM   #253
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
[151] 20-10-30 17:12:10 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
1 + 1 + 5 = 7 ... success
[152] 20-10-30 17:13:06 CET
Observation
3d6 <= 13
4 + 3 + 3 = 10 ... success
Hopefully their tired of chasing ghosts now.

If get this blasted locker open, what do I need to roll to identify narcotics (or something similarly suspicious) and to conceal the filler was stolen?

Last edited by TGLS; 10-30-2020 at 11:20 AM.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:30 AM   #254
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Hopefully they're tired of chasing ghosts now.
There are only two of them, and you stay outside of their search (a double dozen circular passages is a terrible place to try and find someone).



after three minutes they give up, leaving the sign folded up against the wall.


Quote:
If get this blasted locker open, what do I need to roll to identify narcotics (or something similarly suspicious) and to conceal the filler was stolen?

lots of things should work: first aid or streetwise are the first that come to mind.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Now recruiting in PbP forum! -- Dreadstormers needs a replacement character (or more cast!)-- Special Forces with psionic powers takes over a battleship in space!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:31 AM   #255
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Will he be carousing to try and find the navigation NCO's on deck 19 or around the establishments on deck 12? Or will he try and meet with them in their messes?
Deck 19 for a start.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 12:00 PM   #256
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
after three minutes they give up, leaving the sign folded up against the wall.
They've got my MO down... I'll risk it without the sign.

Quote:
[154] 20-10-30 17:50:02 CET
Lockpicking - 4
3d6 <= 10 : 1 + 1 + 4 = 6 ... success
Finally.

Grab the filler (not all, unless there's only one unit of it) and try to find narcotics (or other compromising thing)
Quote:
[155] 20-10-30 17:52:26 CET
First Aid
3d6 <= 14 : 6 + 1 + 2 = 9 ... success
Hide that the filler was stolen (not the narcotics or other compromising thing)
Quote:
[156] 20-10-30 17:54:12 CET
Camouflage
3d6 <= 16 : 6 + 6 + 2 = 14 ... success
Holdout both of these and get back to where I'm supposed to be:
Quote:
[157] 20-10-30 17:55:34 CET
Holdout
3d6 <= 16 : 3 + 5 + 3 = 11 ... success
Success by 6, now to slip past Botha:
Quote:
[158] 20-10-30 17:56:53 CET
Stealth - 2
3d6 <= 16 : 1 + 4 + 5 = 10 ... success
By 6
Now I'll come out of the bathroom and act like I'm feeling much better:
Quote:
[159] 20-10-30 17:59:39 CET
Acting
3d6 <= 16 : 2 + 1 + 2 = 5 ... success
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 07:02 AM   #257
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Deck 19 for a start.
From what he can glean from the workings of the hyperdrive, The Nightfall is on a wide flank, hoping to come in at a weird angle. They're pushing the limits of the ship because it needs to go significantly farther than the rest of the fleet.

Daymar does his best to pry out of one of the navigation NCO's the timeline for their mission. The NCO is convinced he's only worried about the timeline of his bet, and gives him just a few hints about the time line. They're taking a long route: it will probably be 4 weeks from launch before they arrive in jakorbi space. Daymar is able to confirm this information with his hyperdrive obersvations. They're 11 days into the mission, so that leaves 17 days left... though he probably has a few days after they first arrive around the Jakorbi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
They've got my MO down... I'll risk it without the sign.

Finally.

Grab the filler (not all, unless there's only one unit of it) and try to find narcotics (or other compromising thing)

Hide that the filler was stolen (not the narcotics or other compromising thing)

Holdout both of these and get back to where I'm supposed to be:

Success by 6, now to slip past Botha:

By 6
Now I'll come out of the bathroom and act like I'm feeling much better:
Hua gets in and looks around for the filler. She finds it, and a few of those coveted narcatics, and grabs both. Her uniform isn't great for smuggling things, but medicine is small, and she is able to get some of both.

Will she hide these things somewhere besides under her clothing for when she comes out from the washroom?

Botha makes a low joke about how long Hua was in the bathroom.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Now recruiting in PbP forum! -- Dreadstormers needs a replacement character (or more cast!)-- Special Forces with psionic powers takes over a battleship in space!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 11:18 AM   #258
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Will she hide these things somewhere besides under her clothing for when she comes out from the washroom?
Not yet. The lockers are in the bunkroom right? I'd like to hide them under my mattress or something so I can get at them when everyone's sleeping.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 02:32 PM   #259
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Not yet. The lockers are in the bunkroom right? I'd like to hide them under my mattress or something so I can get at them when everyone's sleeping.

Lockers are seperate from bunkrooms, arranged in big metal rows. The lockers for transportation are on level 3, below the rest of transportation's quarters, on the vehicle floor. The bunks are in big rooms of 26 people each.



The filler is in 2lb cases, so its reasonably bulky. maybe the size of a soup bowl, but more square. To convert it into the right shape you'll need cooking supplies.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Now recruiting in PbP forum! -- Dreadstormers needs a replacement character (or more cast!)-- Special Forces with psionic powers takes over a battleship in space!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 04:05 PM   #260
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
From what he can glean from the workings of the hyperdrive, The Nightfall is on a wide flank, hoping to come in at a weird angle. They're pushing the limits of the ship because it needs to go significantly farther than the rest of the fleet.

Daymar does his best to pry out of one of the navigation NCO's the timeline for their mission. The NCO is convinced he's only worried about the timeline of his bet, and gives him just a few hints about the time line. They're taking a long route: it will probably be 4 weeks from launch before they arrive in jakorbi space. Daymar is able to confirm this information with his hyperdrive obersvations. They're 11 days into the mission, so that leaves 17 days left... though he probably has a few days after they first arrive around the Jakorbi.
Day is relieved that it looks like there is still plenty of time left. Has he heard anything further about actions that might be attributed to either the pyro or the Fifth Spinward Republic fanatic? He is contemplating creating more "time bombs" with mental surgery.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.