Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-06-2015, 06:36 PM   #21
Peaches

Default Re: Post-Apocalyptic Gladiators!

I'm just curious, but is the setting of the game take place within an alternate history where gays were not persecuted by the Nazis? I'm guessing the inclusion of gay Nazis is simply for ironic comedic effect.
Old 09-06-2015, 06:40 PM   #22
Ternas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
I'm just curious, but is the setting of the game take place within an alternate history where gays were not persecuted by the Nazis? I'm guessing the inclusion of gay Nazis is simply for ironic comedic effect.
Sounds like to me that they're getting their history less from Mein Kampf and more from Springtime for Hitler.
Ternas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 06:49 PM   #23
Minuteman37

Quote:
110% for ironic comedic effect.
Minuteman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 06:58 PM   #24
Peaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ternas View Post
Sounds like to me that they're getting their history less from Mein Kampf and more from Springtime for Hitler.
Wait... Springtime for Hitler is real? This is both fantastic and horrifying. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuteman37 View Post
110% for ironic comedic effect.
The extra 10% is duly noted.
Old 09-06-2015, 07:07 PM   #25
Ternas

Quote:
Wait... Springtime for Hitler is real? This is both fantastic and horrifying. :D.
You appear to have forgotten fabulous.
Ternas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 05:47 AM   #26
Gold & Appel Inc

Y'know, when you have an apocalypse, things get a little unpredictable, see...

Also, if we could get the nano zombie and sapient nano-enhanced templates that you're using, we would be a lot more capable of making awesome nano-enhanced combatants for you.

Last edited by Gold & Appel Inc; 09-07-2015 at 05:51 AM.
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 05:38 PM   #27
Minuteman37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold & Appel Inc View Post
Y'know, when you have an apocalypse, things get a little unpredictable, see...

Also, if we could get the nano zombie and sapient nano-enhanced templates that you're using, we would be a lot more capable of making awesome nano-enhanced combatants for you.
The Zombies have the ReViv™-ified template from GURPS Zombies, and for the purpose of further extrapolation they're a TL12 nano swarm that was originally tasked with performing medical aid to a planet's worth of near human aliens. But for whatever reason there was a substantial number of them on a asteroid that impacted the ukraine some time in 2018. Now the nanos registore humans as the original alien species but with extensive biological damage and are attempting to "fix" us, but that just turns people into zombies to the parties knowledge. The Nanos have also proven extremely resistant to all forms of eradication, nuclear ordinance is considered the only sure way of eliminating local nano contamination. Hence the continental US looking like this. http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...2.png~original

The parties original self insert characters wore government experiments that got injected with experimental nanos that wore reprogrammed to recognize human biology and repair properly. They had all the beneficial trait of the ReViv™-ified template but none of the drawbacks. Also the nanos turn everyone's hair white, eyes light blue and makes them deathly pale.
Minuteman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:23 PM   #28
fredtheobviouspseudonym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ternas View Post
Originally Posted by Peaches:
Lots of social histories of the Third Reich note (or at least claim) that large number of Nazi officials were in fact homosexuals. Since Nazi officials were less likely to be investigated by the various secret police agencies some gays may have found it safer to join . . . IIRC Shirer's "Inside the Third Reich" has some discussion of this issue.
fredtheobviouspseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bloodsports