Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2017, 05:58 PM   #11
GranitePenguin
 
GranitePenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Plainfield, IL
Default Re: OGRE Loot! Show Us Yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misplaced Buckeye View Post
I really do love it when people say there is a limit to things, usually it's their interest and not yours. One of these days I'll post up a picture of the 4 plus ODE plus the old stuff and minis. Right now I'm busy gluing and playing...lol. Well done sparky.
He didn't say his collection has a limit or imply it won't get bigger; he said his collection is limited due to being away from Ogre for 30+ years. The implication is there would be a lot more stuff if he had been gathering continuously. I don't see any evidence that he thinks what he currently has is the upper limit of what he should have or is unreasonable, just that he's been limited by time/activity.
__________________
GranitePenguin
MIB #2214
GranitePenguin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:54 PM   #12
sparky00
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Parma, OH
Default Re: OGRE Loot! Show Us Yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
He didn't say his collection has a limit or imply it won't get bigger; he said his collection is limited due to being away from Ogre for 30+ years. The implication is there would be a lot more stuff if he had been gathering continuously. I don't see any evidence that he thinks what he currently has is the upper limit of what he should have or is unreasonable, just that he's been limited by time/activity.
Precisely correct GranitePenguin! The limit of the size of my Ogre collection is strictly determined by time, availability, opportunity & budget. I believe I've done OK over the last 5 months.
I'm in no way limited by interest. I'll study or play Ogre anytime i can. I'll buy just about any Ogre item i can get for a fair price. I can see myself easily acquiring another ODE or two, as well as the Ogre mini army I dreamed of back in the 80's. and probably a whole lot more. Looking forward to the upcoming Battlefields expansion, Rulebook & Nightfall scenarios. Its great to be back in the Ogreverse again, and see how the game has developed over the years. Its a great time, & I'm loving every minute of it!
sparky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:43 PM   #13
Misplaced Buckeye
 
Join Date: May 2015
Default Re: OGRE Loot! Show Us Yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky00 View Post
Precisely correct GranitePenguin! The limit of the size of my Ogre collection is strictly determined by time, availability, opportunity & budget. I believe I've done OK over the last 5 months.
I'm in no way limited by interest. I'll study or play Ogre anytime i can. I'll buy just about any Ogre item i can get for a fair price. I can see myself easily acquiring another ODE or two, as well as the Ogre mini army I dreamed of back in the 80's. and probably a whole lot more. Looking forward to the upcoming Battlefields expansion, Rulebook & Nightfall scenarios. Its great to be back in the Ogreverse again, and see how the game has developed over the years. Its a great time, & I'm loving every minute of it!
Gentlemen, Gentlemen You have totally taken what I said by mistake and with the trolling that goes on with the internet I can understand. My comment was directed at those that tell us we should have a limit. I TOTALLY agree with you both and actually consider Sparky a kindred spirit as I approach Ogre in all it's phases the same way. Sorry if you felt any other way.
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 03:13 PM   #14
sparky00
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Parma, OH
Default Re: OGRE Loot! Show Us Yours!

No harm done at all! I agree - no limits. Especially that budget limit. And the time limit. Both of those have been killers for me lately ;-).
Thanks for the clarification.
Hope to see you over a game board someday...

You'll know its me - I'll be the one rolling the impossibly long string of coseceutive "1's".
sparky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:25 PM   #15
Knockman
 
Knockman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cumbria/Northumberland border, UK
Default Re: OGRE Loot! Show Us Yours!

A lot of stuff, both old and new (ODE) and a lot of unpainted Ogre miniatures too. Perhaps one day I should compile an inventory? Maybe.

All my current boardgame Ogre material (ODE & related bits) resides in a 'Really Useful Box' for ease-of-transport and safety. The original big box is in it's shipping box stashed away in the loft.

Sadly, the shot glasses I got as part of the ODE KS project were all chipped and damaged - probably down to the clumsiness of the freight people or the storage people, I don't really know. So there's never been a chance to toast any success - NAC or Combine or anyone else - for popping an Ogre :-/
__________________
$4.5K Counter Sheet Sponsors - Strategic & Tactical Objectives by Tiffin Games UK

E-mail Contact: tiffingames@gmail.com - Orders possible via eBay (tiffingamesjanet)


BGG Link: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamee...ponsored-count

Update: 8th June 2018 - officially formatted S&TO Rules Version 3 now available on this website.
Knockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:54 PM   #16
Dave Crowell
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default Re: OGRE Loot! Show Us Yours!

At least two of us recieved our shiny new BLACK plastic Ogres today. The other guy even posted a photo of an assembled MK III on Facebook.
Dave Crowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:58 PM   #17
Mack_JB
 
Mack_JB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Default Re: OGRE Loot! Show Us Yours!

My black Ogres supposedly arrive Tuesday.
Mack_JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:58 PM   #18
CON_Troll
 
CON_Troll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orlando, FL. Please forgive me...
Default Re: OGRE Loot! Show Us Yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
My black Ogres supposedly arrive Tuesday.
Whereupon you will have the perfect Ogre to play "The Black Knight" scenario...
__________________
"How do you know it's an OGRE Ninja if we can't see it... Oh, right..."
John H.
CON_Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 12:32 PM   #19
Misplaced Buckeye
 
Join Date: May 2015
Default Re: OGRE Loot! Show Us Yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky00 View Post
No harm done at all! I agree - no limits. Especially that budget limit. And the time limit. Both of those have been killers for me lately ;-).
Thanks for the clarification.
Hope to see you over a game board someday...

You'll know its me - I'll be the one rolling the impossibly long string of coseceutive "1's".
Well, I'll be at Origins 2018. Wife and I are making a week of it; me to game her to visit relatives. GO BUCKS! Maybe we can meet up there....
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:09 PM   #20
GranitePenguin
 
GranitePenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Plainfield, IL
Default Re: OGRE Loot! Show Us Yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky00 View Post
You'll know its me - I'll be the one rolling the impossibly long string of coseceutive "1's".
You can't lay sole claim to that "gift." My game online against Bounder last Friday was incredibly 1-heavy on my side. It was a pretty solid "you shall not win" divine intervention if I ever saw one.
__________________
GranitePenguin
MIB #2214
GranitePenguin is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ogre 6e, ogre miniatures

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.