Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 03-16-2019, 05:15 PM   #741
Geeq

Default Munchkin TMNT: 3 players, 2 characters each?

Hey, there’s 3 of us, and we’re looking at a way to change up TMNT. I was thinking it would be cool for each of us to use 2 characters, like Mikey/Leo, Raph/Casey and Donny/April... or something along those lines. But not sure how that would work with levels and or kicking down doors.

Does anyone already have rules for this or a variation thereof?
Geeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 09:50 AM   #742
Babskies

Default Re: Member House Rules

Hi all, I've been a long time player of Munchkin and adore all the variations of the game. A few years back I heard about the Munchkin temporary tattoos and how they give a bonus while being worn. Me being me, I went and got a real Munchkin tattoo (zombie themed, a mash-up of two cards, pop cans for shoes and an umbrella through the head) and am wondering what the SJ Games staff and community think about that giving me a +1 or +2.
Babskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 03:43 PM   #743
HappyWackers

Default Win conditions

I want to give my playgroup more win conditions. The current conditions are:

Get to level 10 - win

Seven seals opened - current game ends highest level player wins.

Reached time limit - highest level player wins.

Control all 6 infinity gems with the gauntlet - win the game

Get a set of 4 different food tokens - win the game

Be the reason why every player dies - win the game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

How does a single player winning 3 different quest cards sound as a win condition? I have a ton of side quest duplicates.

Also, please post ideas on good win conditions- I have every set, so be creative!
HappyWackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 01:07 AM   #744
Doobuggy

Default Re: EPIC TMNT & Feats

I read over the rules for Epic Munchkin and everything appears rather straight forward. TMNT can be played up to level 20, however, there would be no "feats" for epic tmnt games. Has anyone played a game of Epic TMNT before? did you ignore "feats" or did you come up with your own? Perhaps, for those interested in playing Epic TMNT, we could workshop some "feats" online?
Doobuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:48 AM   #745
Nobunga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobuggy View Post
I read over the rules for Epic Munchkin and everything appears rather straight forward. TMNT can be played up to level 20, however, there would be no "feats" for epic tmnt games. Has anyone played a game of Epic TMNT before? did you ignore "feats" or did you come up with your own? Perhaps, for those interested in playing Epic TMNT, we could workshop some "feats" online?

Here are the Epic Abilities I made up for EPIC TMNT

Aggressive Stance
Screw the Rules; I Have Fury -- You may use your Team-up/Loner Ability for any combat, ignoring the usual conditions or cost of discarding an Ally.
In addition, you may have two additional allies.

Defensive Stance
BLOCK! -- You may discard an Ally card, Kata card, or items worth at least $500 to negate a Curse or Bad Stuff.

Technical Stance
Extra Skill -- You may have up to 3 additional Ranks of Kata.
Nobunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 02:59 PM   #746
Fumetsujo

Default Teamplay Munchkin Card Game idea

Good day everybody,

I'm a longtime Munchkin fan (but 2019 is first time I decide to traverse the SJ-games forum :p).
Mostly I play a Munchkin game (basic, Zombies, Legends, Cthulhu ,...) with my spouse, also a die-hard fan. Once in a while we have a few people that join our cause. We know the cards, our invitees not so. You can imagine that the competitive gameplay isn't as straight forward for non-veterans.
It happens that our sheer laughter and well.. kinda in-game evil doing, doesn't make the other players 'happy'.

That's why we came up with Muchkin Co-op, an idea where everybody plays together to reach a certain goal. Yay, Disney feelings for everybody!

Doc here

Pdf version here

Do give suggestions. I hope you enjoy it :).

Last edited by Fumetsujo; 09-02-2019 at 03:04 PM.
Fumetsujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 05:07 PM   #747
Doobuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobunga View Post
Here are the Epic Abilities I made up for EPIC TMNT

Aggressive Stance
Screw the Rules; I Have Fury -- You may use your Team-up/Loner Ability for any combat, ignoring the usual conditions or cost of discarding an Ally.
In addition, you may have two additional allies.

Defensive Stance
BLOCK! -- You may discard an Ally card, Kata card, or items worth at least $500 to negate a Curse or Bad Stuff.

Technical Stance
Extra Skill -- You may have up to 3 additional Ranks of Kata.
Nice, I was thinking of tweaking the Stances for Epic play too! Have you play-tested them, you didn't find any of them are broken?
Doobuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 11:03 AM   #748
Nobunga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobuggy View Post
Nice, I was thinking of tweaking the Stances for Epic play too! Have you play-tested them, you didn't find any of them are broken?
Not really broken, but the game kind of "buckles" under the weight of going Epic. Even with multiple options, some of my Epic Defensive players had a hard time utilizing the ability (one in particular did not and she was annoyingly uncurse-able). Epic Technical had a hard time getting more Kata cards to play until we had to recycle the door deck.

In a mash-up game, it worked a bit better for Technical
Nobunga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combining different, doors, dummy hand, epic, extras, funny, gambling, gameplay, house rules, multi-deck, munchkin, munchkin zombies, new way to play, rules, rules variant, team, teams, two player, zombie dice