Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 01-05-2018, 08:37 AM   #11
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: Winning hearts and minds to DFRPG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
I doubt TV commercials are cheap, and I don’t know if TOYSRUS is helpful or not. ;)
Commercials are expensive.

Sales at ToysRus are not a possibility. We're watching sales through the hobby game stores and will know a lot more when our December numbers arrive.

The best way to get more Dungeon Fantasy? Play the game with your friends and tell the world. Tell everyone why you enjoy the game, and introduce others to the set.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:29 AM   #12
hal

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Commercials are expensive.

Sales at ToysRus are not a possibility. We're watching sales through the hobby game stores and will know a lot more when our December numbers arrive.

The best way to get more Dungeon Fantasy? Play the game with your friends and tell the world. Tell everyone why you enjoy the game, and introduce others to the set.
Much as I'd like to be able to do that - my exposure to other potential buyers is limited I'm afraid.

The gaming crew I have available right now are all those I've gamed with since 1981 (one player) 1983 (another player) and 1986 (my wife). We don't hang around gaming stores (most of have died out, or play D&D 5.0).
hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:52 AM   #13
Kalzazz

Ah. I always see lots of SJGames products at Target more than any other store (often more SJGames products than milks!), so would be excited to see more SJGames stuff there

And Target aggressively price matches with almost anyone and using my Target card saves 5% and helps build credit history so I love buying the SJGames stuff there
Kalzazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:54 AM   #14
ULFGARD

The best way is to play it with your friends. Yes, it's good to get out to conventions, gaming stores, etc., but not all of us are in a position to do that. If you're in a tabletop group, DFRPG is an excellent game. I'm part of a loose "club" of sorts on Meetup. Most of the games are Pathfinder, with a smattering of others from time to time.

Because DFRPG is GURPS under the hood, there were some who were a bit put off by the very idea of it, but were willing to give it a shot nonetheless. I'm running it now, slowly introducing greater complexity as time goes on (and happy to support it straight out of the box for those players who are taking the time to read the books - it's a direct, in game reward for that).

We've had 3 sessions so far, spread out over a couple of months. My group includes a complete newbie, a very experienced Pathfinder DM, a casual gamer who enjoys dungeon crawls, and two long time (mostly Pathfinder) gamers. They're all loving it.

When we did our seasonal Krampus game in Pathfinder, the DFRPG players were missing active defenses something fierce. It was great to see. The game system has been well received, and I Smell a Rat is going well. It's taking longer than I had expected, but the group has also wandered into side encounters that caused me to expand parts of it.

Now I have a group of people within the larger association who see DFRPG (and hence GURPS) in a positive light. Heck, I've even had some express interest in an eventual GURPS science fiction game.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:34 AM   #15
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
Ah. I always see lots of SJGames products at Target more than any other store (often more SJGames products than milks!), so would be excited to see more SJGames stuff there
We've worked hard to get shelf space in Target, and we work even harder to maintain that space and keep the store stocked with games that will sell in volume. We were just working this morning on our fall 2018 titles for set at Target; it is not easy to keep our games in any store.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:48 PM   #16
Kalzazz

You do a good job at the local Target, always product in stock and never once seen an item long past it's expiration date!
Kalzazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 04:57 PM   #17
demonsbane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
I have fond hopes of someday seeing it at Target
For people in Spain it would be good to have the DFRPG box available at Amazon.es (or at the very least to enable Amazon.com to send it to Spain). But oh well, I guess the interested ones don't make a meaningful number.

"Physics is basic but inessential."
Wolfgang Smith

My G+
demonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 05:50 PM   #18
hal

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsbane View Post
For people in Spain it would be good to have the DFRPG box available at Amazon.es (or at the very least to enable Amazon.com to send it to Spain). But oh well, I guess the interested ones don't make a meaningful number.
I picked up my copy from Amazon if that helps. Granted, it is Amazon US rather than the European one, but you might find it in Amazon.UK or something like that?
hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:13 AM   #19
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsbane View Post
For people in Spain it would be good to have the DFRPG box available at Amazon.es (or at the very least to enable Amazon.com to send it to Spain).
We sell to Amazon in the US. Outside of the US, our various international partners -- translators, distributors, and retailers -- determine what to offer for sale. If you want to see a specific title, the best approach is to ask your local retailer.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:49 AM   #20
Þorkell
Icelandic - Approach With Caution

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
I picked up my copy from Amazon if that helps. Granted, it is Amazon US rather than the European one, but you might find it in Amazon.UK or something like that?
And Amazon.uk isn't European?

Just checked on both .de and .co.uk no DFRPG there apart from the Companion.

Viking kittens | My photos | More of my photos
Þorkell is offline   Reply With Quote