Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 11-15-2017, 04:40 PM   #1
InfinitePudding

Default My box is shipped! GCA Question :)

I just recieved an email saying my preorder shipped :) Hopefully I'll get it this Friday. Are the Dungeon Fantasy files for character assistant out yet? The racial and profession templates? I want to run my games digitally and the plugin ofr GCA to work with Fantasy Grounds makes this so much easier. :)
InfinitePudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 06:37 PM   #2
zuljita

Default Re: My box is shipped! GCA Question :)

Nothing yet. The data files are written by volunteers so often they get written by someone who wants them.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:37 PM   #3
InfinitePudding

Ah ok, well I guess I'll have to wait patiently. I would volunteer to write them myself if I knew how and I thought I had the patience.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:51 PM   #4
JackShadow

I wanted to use GCA as well but it seems that the GURPS Character Sheet (GCS) program is getting more support and updates. Some of the DFRPG templates need some correction (always compare to the books when using it) but for the most part it works great. I definitely recommend checking it out.

http://gurpscharactersheet.com
JackShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 07:50 PM   #5
demonsbane

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackShadow View Post
I wanted to use GCA as well but it seems that the GURPS Character Sheet (GCS) program is getting more support and updates.
I wonder if you can import GCS characters into the unofficial GURPS/DFRPG ruleset for Fantasy Grounds (GCA does it).

"Physics is basic but inessential."
Wolfgang Smith

My G+
demonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:45 AM   #6
InfinitePudding

YES! It just arrived and I am enjoying looking through all the goodies inside. :D

I'm thinking I'll use the template wizard for GCA and just enter all the templates in myself. How hard could it be?
Old 11-17-2017, 11:27 AM   #7
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by West_Winds View Post
YES! It just arrived and I am enjoying looking through all the goodies inside. :D

I'm thinking I'll use the template wizard for GCA and just enter all the templates in myself. How hard could it be?
A lot of the abilities are "new", and doing them as they are presented in the DFRPG is going to be some work. The way enchantments work is different and requires some work on the data files. Money is different.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 03:05 PM   #8
InfinitePudding

I guess I'm going to have to use GCS then and ask on the Fantasy Grounds Gurps board if there is a way to import from it as well. Thanks :)
Old 11-17-2017, 06:32 PM   #9
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by West_Winds View Post
I guess I'm going to have to use GCS then and ask on the Fantasy Grounds Gurps board if there is a way to import from it as well. Thanks :)
You really ought to be able to still use GCA, it's just that you will need to do it the old fashioned way. DFRPG characters are extremely straightforward, the ones that I have posted were just done directly into the browser without any software. I did Wolf-Girl on my phone.

Making a datafile for it that would be suitable for official use is a bit more involved, but there is no reason why you need one; having one would be a minor convenience only.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:00 PM   #10
InfinitePudding

Ah ok, I thought there might be some stuff that wouldn't work without the data files. >.> I'm still a little new to GCA haven't used it a whole lot.

Tags
game aids