Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 03-16-2016, 01:32 AM   #1
red3055

Default madness and the wishing ring....

Now you can remove your own madness with a wishing ring, that's a given. however something came up that's being debated.

Player A has madness:paranoia. they actually want to keep the madness as it limits the things others can do to them

Player B has a wishing ring and doesn't want Player A to be limited to one card played against them during combat.

Player B uses the wishing ring to remove Player A's madness:paranoia

is this legal? per what I read in the rules, a wishing ring can be used to remove any madness (yours or otherwise) regardless of if they want it removed or not.
red3055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:29 AM   #2
coldsun

Default Re: madness and the wishing ring....

I think answer is already posted by Andrew here: http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...50&postcount=4
coldsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 02:06 PM   #3
Ravynxbeauty

We would really like help to this. Because where it is legal to curse someone againat their will i do not think it is legal to cure someone of maddness against their will. I dont think it works the same!
Quote:
Originally Posted by red3055 View Post
Now you can remove your own madness with a wishing ring, that's a given. however something came up that's being debated.

Player A has madness:paranoia. they actually want to keep the madness as it limits the things others can do to them

Player B has a wishing ring and doesn't want Player A to be limited to one card played against them during combat.

Player B uses the wishing ring to remove Player A's madness:paranoia

is this legal? per what I read in the rules, a wishing ring can be used to remove any madness (yours or otherwise) regardless of if they want it removed or not.
Ravynxbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:06 PM   #4
red3055

yea well i have no issues with the wording. even the basic rules state that any madness may be cured. the issue the player has is they didn't want to be cured.
red3055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 05:34 AM   #5
MIB 9966

Andrew's official answer linked above seems pretty clear that Wishing Ring can be used on any player, so it seems clear it can be used to cure a Madness, whether or not the other player wanted to be cured.
MIB 9966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 09:27 AM   #6
MunchkinMan

Officially, Andrew's official answer is correct and carries over with respect to any Madness and Wishing Ring: You can get cured without consent.

The rules about Madness cards is clear: Anything that affects a Curse affects a Madness (and for completeness, I'll state that the reverse is not true).
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote