Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 02-27-2020, 09:27 AM   #11
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping
Default Re: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Setting: Cold Shard Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by phayman53 View Post
Not in the budget right now for me to get it
Somebody pay this man!

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 12:12 PM   #12
Joseph R

Where this is supposed to fit with the Wellspring of Creation? I won't use it in that capacity as I already have a setting for my running campaign. I bought it anyway; there will no doubt be material I can use regardless. However I am curious as to the main considerations, in case I decide to drop this down somewhere on my world map.

Does the perfectly circular lake have a name? It doesn't appear to be labelled on the physical key.

What would also be useful to know, is the scale of the individual hexes on the hexmap. The corollary (I can never pronounce that properly) is the width of the huge hex, from side to side.

By the way, "The Magnificent [N]" did make me smile!

Formerly known as Unwitting Pawn
Joseph R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 12:23 PM   #13
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unwitting Pawn View Post
The corollary (I can never pronounce that properly)
"Coral Larry."

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 12:24 PM   #14
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Quote:
Where this is supposed to fit with the Wellspring of Creation? I won't use it in that capacity as I already have a setting for my running campaign. I bought it anyway; there will no doubt be material I can use regardless. However I am curious as to the main considerations, in case I decide to drop this down somewhere on my world map.
It's about in the middle of Semaria. One has to piece together clues, but they're there. It's the origin point of the Diabolism, which is attributed to Semaria. Also, the largest coleopteran settlements in the Wellsprings world are in northern Semaria, so the CSM are south of wherever those are. The CSM are a subset of the big mountain range running across that continent.

Quote:
Does the perfectly circular lake have a name? It doesn't appear to be labelled on the physical key.
The label could be closer, but it's there. See #21 on the map on p. 8; it's Mazczec’s Trenchers.

Quote:
What would also be useful to know, is the scale of the individual hexes on the hexmap.
They're approximately 3 miles across (that's from side to opposite side, not point to opposite point).

Old 02-28-2020, 08:40 PM   #15
Raventiger

This setting looks great! Quick question the preview lists the DF 1st ed rule books (I.e DF book 2 Dungeons) that are helpful for the setting. I have the 2nd ed rules (DF RPG). Just curious as to which extra books I should pickup.
Raventiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 10:25 PM   #16
LokRobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raventiger View Post
This setting looks great! Quick question the preview lists the DF 1st ed rule books (I.e DF book 2 Dungeons) that are helpful for the setting. I have the 2nd ed rules (DF RPG). Just curious as to which extra books I should pickup.
With the DFRPG, you have all the rules you need!

If you’re just looking for more, I’d go for DF16: Wilderness Adventures. That’ll play up the camping-sunburn-quicksand aspects of roaming the mountains and long-term delves underneath. Oooooooor, pick up Gaming Ballistic’s Hall of Judgement, ‘The Journey’ on pages 19-29 covers the traveling aspect that’s applicable to “DF Outdoors” and will be useful to add-on to the setting (as well as being a good adventure on its own).

Last edited by LokRobster; 02-28-2020 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Nordvorn!
LokRobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 06:45 AM   #17
Dalin

Quote:
The setting is definitely usable as-is with just DFRPG. Add DF3: The Next Level if you want to feature coleopteran characters.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 07:30 AM   #18
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Quote:
The DFRPG should cover most of it, though I'll admit I haven't confirmed that absolutely everything referenced in the earlier GURPS DF books has corresponding rules in the DFRPG. There are a number of references to GURPS DF16 and DF17, but you can ignore those without any worries.

(I should probably point out that GURPS DF and the DFRPG are in no way first and second editions, with one intended to replace the other. They're separate but parallel and highly compatible game lines.)

Old 02-29-2020, 07:44 AM   #19
Raventiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
The DFRPG should cover most of it, though I'll admit I haven't confirmed that absolutely everything referenced in the earlier GURPS DF books has corresponding rules in the DFRPG. There are a number of references to GURPS DF16 and DF17, but you can ignore those without any worries.

(I should probably point out that GURPS DF and the DFRPG are in no way first and second editions, with one intended to replace the other. They're separate but parallel and highly compatible game lines.)
Thanks for explaining the dungeon fantasy game to me. Also thanks to everyone whom responded to my post. Your responses have been helpful.
Raventiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 04:30 PM   #20
Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post

Spinoff? Offshoot? Daughter game? What are we calling this kind of thing?