Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 07-24-2018, 07:47 PM   #111
Jim Kane
Banned

Default Re: The Fantasy Trip Live on Kickstarter Now!

So, let me see if I have this correct... the Legacy Edition picked up one sheet of die-cut Megahexes when we passed the 80k mark, and we could see a 2nd sheet of Megahexes included with the Legacy Edition for passing the 110k mark

Am I understanding this correctly?

JK
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 07:49 PM   #112
JLV

I'm pretty sure a screen of some kind is in the cards -- even if it's just something you can print for yourself and not a physical product. Have patience! ;-)
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 07:52 PM   #113
The Wyzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kane View Post
So, let me see if I have this correct... the Legacy Edition picked up one sheet of die-cut Megahexes when we passed the 80k mark, and we could see a 2nd sheet of Megahexes included with the Legacy Edition for passing the 110k mark

JK
Yeah, but I think they're more like geomorphs than "sheets" actually? Like they aren't rectangular, they're different blobs of megahexes, so you can fit them together.

EDIT: This: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2246296
The Wyzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 07:56 PM   #114
Jim Kane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wyzard View Post
Yeah, but I think they're more like geomorphs than "sheets" actually? Like they aren't rectangular, they're different blobs of megahexes, so you can fit them together.
Thanks just the same Wyzard, but *what* they are was not my question - my question for Phil was about how many sheets of die-cut Megahexes *total* will be included with the Legacy Edition at the 110k mark.

JK
Old 07-24-2018, 08:09 PM   #115
Wayne

Quote:
So, let me see if I have this correct... the Legacy Edition picked up one sheet of die-cut Megahexes when we passed the 80k mark, and we could see a 2nd sheet of Megahexes included with the Legacy Edition for passing the 110k markJK
Plus another sheet via Facebook shares, provided we get over 500. That sounds like it's going to be achieved too. Last I heard was 290 shares so far.
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:13 PM   #116
flankspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
I'm pretty sure a screen of some kind is in the cards -- even if it's just something you can print for yourself and not a physical product. Have patience! ;-)
Despite being a grizzled, gray-bearded grognard, the return of TFT makes me feel like an over-excited kid again. “Are we there yet? Are we there yet?”

I may be too enthusiastic at the moment. I shall endeavor to retain my composure and be patient. :)

P.S. I have presumed there are no copyright hindrances to a GM screen for a game with revised rules. If I am wrong, and there are legal roadblocks, then I totally understand.

Last edited by flankspeed; 07-24-2018 at 08:27 PM.
flankspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:14 PM   #117
Ronald

Quote:

JK
Yes.
Even more sheets may be added from further stretch goals.
See update #5 from the Kickstarter, posted by Phil.
Ronald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:23 PM   #118
Jim Kane
Banned

Thanks for the clarification guys.

"You're going to need a bigger boat." - Roy Scheider, Jaws, 1975

JK
Old 07-24-2018, 08:23 PM   #119
JLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by flankspeed View Post
Despite being a grizzled, gray-bearded grognard, the return of TFT makes me feel like an over-excited kid again. “Are we there yet? Are we there yet?”

I may be too enthusiastic at the moment. I shall endeavor to retain my composure and be patient. :)
You and me both, flankspeed, you and me both! I haven't been this excited about a game since...well...original TFT back in 1980! :D

The worst part of the patience gig is going to be when this Kickstarter is over and we have to wait for the final product! Fortunately, I have my old TFT stuff plus all the Dark City Games modules to use to keep me going until my new "drug" shows up in the mail sometime in 2019!
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:27 PM   #120
The Wyzard

Huh.

I wonder if "additional stack of laminated/die cut megahexes" could be an add-on. It might be more cost effective to get a bunch of them than it is to get the fancy playmats.

No disrespect intended to Dyson Logos, who will doubtless turn in something very pretty.
The Wyzard is offline   Reply With Quote