Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-17-2018, 02:57 AM   #61
Rupert

Default Re: Zombie Template

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr beer View Post
Conversely, predators do terribly badly when they prey upon humans. Man-eating lions are all dead, the surviving populace knows to stay away. This is true amongst all surviving predator populations on all continents.
Not quite - tigers still hunt humans, and several species of crocodile do as well. So does the odd leopard or lion, but I wouldn't count that as it's not typical or common behaviour.

"A pessimist is an optimist with a sense of history."
Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:22 AM   #62
Alonsua
Banned

After the critical failure the player decided to conduct a research into developing the so called "zombie virus" into a viable weapon of mass destruction with just "Amnesia", "Bestial", "Berserk", "Cannot Speak" "Infectious" and "Uncontrollable Appetite". She is also considering researching into different strains such as a variety without "Bestial" that might be able to easily use guns and other weapons, since we get that they would not be able to use them (at least not so easily) while having Bestial, is that correct?
Alonsua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:51 AM   #63
Bruno

Healthy lions continue to be driven to prey on humans when extreme weather events make it difficult for them to find their usual prey, and they continue to learn that some humans are perfectly helpless and edible.

And they continue to be exterminated in response to this. It's not really working out as a survival strategy.

Humanity constantly faces predation from dangerous, intelligent, tool using, pack hunting predators (other humans). It's currently a bit of a standoff.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:01 AM   #64
Alonsua
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Healthy lions continue to be driven to prey on humans when extreme weather events make it difficult for them to find their usual prey, and they continue to learn that some humans are perfectly helpless and edible.

And they continue to be exterminated in response to this. It's not really working out as a survival strategy.

Humanity constantly faces predation from dangerous, intelligent, tool using, pack hunting predators (other humans). It's currently a bit of a standoff.
Pretty much this. As per the part of the infected I may exterminate a few of them, but I doubt I would ever be able to get down more than a few dozens with guns and kitchen knives. Anyways it is quite probable that life will not be the same for me after seeing how a few hundreds of infected run down the street trying to feed on the average accountant, cashier or retailer xD
Alonsua is offline   Reply With Quote