Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-03-2018, 11:11 PM   #901
Mailanka

Default Re: Mailanka's Musings -- GURPS Content Post

Happy GURPS Day, GURPS Fans! Today, I have the last schism of the Cult of the Mystic Tyrant, a dark philosophy for Psi-Wars, my GURPS Space Opera setting. This time, I take a look at the Cult of Revalis White. Inspired by Revan and the "Grey Jedi," this traitor to the Knights of Communion tackles the concept of morality by arguing that if one can make any personal morality "true," then why not a charitable morality? He also seeks to embrace all forms of Communion, not just "Dark" Communion.

You can check out his heresy here
Old 01-05-2018, 01:00 AM   #902
Mailanka

It's been a busy week, but I have one last announcement. My Patreon is running a poll on the Emperor (the one I mentioned Wednesday). If you're a patron, or you're interested in becoming one, check it out!
Old 01-08-2018, 11:07 PM   #903
Mailanka

Hey guys, I've got the next update for the Cult of the Mystic Tyrant, a Cabalistic/Sith philosophy for Psi-Wars, my GURPS Space Opera setting. Today, I've got Sith-Fu: the Martial Arts unique to the Cult of the Mystic Tyrant, including the ancient style associated with their "royal guard," and the Maelstrom Form, a Force Sword technique that focuses on integrating psionic attacks with defensive force swordsmanship.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:23 PM   #904
Mailanka

Happy GURPS Day. I've got a blog update: the Psionic Disciplines of the Cult of the Mystic Tyrant. I've got three psionic styles: The Discipline of Kings, which focuses on mental manipluation, the Discipline of Silence, an inquisitorial style that focuses on ferreting out traitors, and the Discipline of Secrecy, which focuses on mental self-control and preventing others from reading your mind.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:37 PM   #905
Mailanka

Hey there GURPS Fans; I'm almost done with the Cult of the Mystic Tyrant. The Cult likes to seize the world and make it their own, so why wouldn't they forge their own Paths in Communion? Today, I have two paths unique to the Cult! Check it out.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:59 AM   #906
Mailanka

Hey there, GURPS Fans. I have an After-Action Report for session 2 of Tinker Titan Rebel Spy, the Imperial "Play Test" for Psi-Wars. In this session, players talked, talked and talked some more, and then hook up an ancient and forbidden technology they know nothing about to a computer and turn it on. What could go wrong? They also made friends with a kawaii pyrokinetic and stole a princess.

As usual, my post talks more "behind the scenes" about my moves as a GM, but two of my players included details about the actual events, which I've also linked to.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:19 AM   #907
Mailanka

Happy GURPS Day! Today, I have the last post for the Cult of the Mystical Tyrant, a nihilistic philosophy for Psi-Wars, my GURPS Space Opera setting.

You know what sets the Cult apart from the other philosophies? Their fervent belief that they can impose their own truth upon the universe. And it's true! Today, I have three of those truths, and the general rules for the Transcendent Principles of the Cult of the Mystic Tyrant. Come see what "Unlimited Power!" looks like.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:09 AM   #908
Mailanka

This week I'm taking some time off from philosophies to present GHOST WEEK! Several things conspired at once to convince me that I needed to revisit an old concept from Iteration 5: the Ghosts of Broken Communion. Today, I have the first entry of this special: Space Ghosts Revisited. The linked post contains commentary, what I did and why, and a link to a $1 patreon special that offers concrete powers and costs for building your own ghosts (with points, for those cases when you want them as allies), and a look at how certain events can create ghosts and what sorts of ghosts they create.

This document and commentary is written with the metaphysics of Psi-Wars, my GURPS Space Opera setting, in mind, but it shouldn't be too difficult to reverse engineer into greater detail for Monster Hunters or Horror, both of which served as considerable inspiration for my work here.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:57 AM   #909
Mailanka

Part 2 of GHOST WEEK is here! A unique "patreon special," today's special is available to everyone for free! It consists of four "sample ghosts" made using the rules outlined in yesterday's Ghost Design document (you shouldn't need that document to understand the ghosts, but it's nice if you want to understand what they're examples of).

These ghosts act as worked examples of how to uses that document, things you can just drop into Psi-Wars directly, or ghosts that you can modify and steal for your own horror campaigns.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:08 PM   #910
Mailanka

Happy GURPS Day! I've got one last Patreon post for Ghost Week: Domen Khemet: the Ranathim Cult of Death.

Last month I offered my Patrons a poll for the fourth and final Cult of the Divine Masks, an occult philosophy for Psi-Wars, my GURPS Space Opera setting, and they have spoken! I have the poll results now, as well as the completed version of the Cult of Death. If you've enjoyed my ghost stuff so far, you should enjoy this too.

Tags
blog, blogs, determined attack, telegraphic attack