Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2021, 05:42 PM   #401
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Since the first meeting did not work out, Daymar tries again for the second time.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 11:24 AM   #402
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Well if we're going onto the second meeting, same trick as last time.

Quote:
[272] 21-01-23 18:08:46 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 16 : 1 + 5 + 2 = 8 ... success
Then I say:
"Hi. Small bit of trouble handling the food; got my previous buddy blamed, so no suspicion there."
"A bunch of other people have been arrested; some of yours? Security was a little cagey about it."
"I should be ready to raid the armoury in the next day or two; I'll try to get you a weapon then."
"I think I'll have my powers in by breakfast time day after tomorrow."
"My buddy is up-stairs; do you think we should edit my buddy so she won't think to go looking for me when I'm not there?"

Last edited by TGLS; 01-24-2021 at 04:05 PM.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 11:29 AM   #403
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
How will you get to the second meeting? Pacifica will be waiting at the window with Nejora until Hua and Day arrive. Is it possible to brain-wash Nejora and Thibi?

Daymar and Hua have both made it to the second meeting. However, at the time Pacifica is supposed to be at the second meeting, she is scheduled to be busy at work, surrounded by over two dozen people who will notice if she leaves. Is she going to make an attempt to get to the second meeting, or will she have to settle for the third (when she will only have Nejora has her companion)?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:57 AM   #404
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Hua and Daymar are having their meeting: Daymar has already met with Pacifica. (though if you want to have that conversation now, I have no objections)
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 06:53 PM   #405
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Daymar catches Hua up on what has gone down in his section, "They're getting nervous and clamping down hard. I'm not sure how much time we have to take control of the ship. Pacifica suggested I try subverting some doctors, but I think the officers might be a better choice, but risky. If we can be in the same place, I could try subverting your buddy."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 10:26 PM   #406
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar catches Hua up on what has gone down in his section, "They're getting nervous and clamping down hard. I'm not sure how much time we have to take control of the ship. Pacifica suggested I try subverting some doctors, but I think the officers might be a better choice, but risky. If we can be in the same place, I could try subverting your buddy."
"I doubt they're going to turn around and change crew. Surely we still have, one or two weeks before we reach the front lines? We have time, but it might be tight."

"Well, do you have any particular officer in mind? Here's a half-baked plan; we find a period where an officer is relatively isolated. I turn invisible and wait for them. When they come by, I zap their brain and leave them dazed for a minute or three. You come by, make your edits and go on your way."

"Just out of curiosity, have you considered turning your whole section? Build up to a critical mass, then have your lackeys hold the remainder down while you made the necessary edits?"
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 01:03 AM   #407
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

OOC: Pacifica is working business as usual, hoping to meet with her team at a later time.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 05:07 AM   #408
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"I doubt they're going to turn around and change crew. Surely we still have, one or two weeks before we reach the front lines? We have time, but it might be tight."

"Well, do you have any particular officer in mind? Here's a half-baked plan; we find a period where an officer is relatively isolated. I turn invisible and wait for them. When they come by, I zap their brain and leave them dazed for a minute or three. You come by, make your edits and go on your way."

"Just out of curiosity, have you considered turning your whole section? Build up to a critical mass, then have your lackeys hold the remainder down while you made the necessary edits?"
"As high-up as I can get, for officers. I'd be willing to give your plan a try. And I've considered turning my whole section, but it's risky. One person resisting could alert security and then I'm done. But yeah, that's worth a try, too. I already have several who are conditioned to not be suspicious of my actions."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 08:29 AM   #409
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

"I've got an idea to get my buddy and you in the same place non-suspicious like. I go up one floor hang out with my buddy, then shortly after decide to return to our bunkroom. You go up one floor, and just when we're waiting for an elevator, you come out, accidental contact, and you make the adjustments."

Quote:
[273] 21-01-27 15:28:52 CET
IQ to determine elevator timing
3d6 <= 14 : 6 + 1 + 6 = 13 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 09:11 AM   #410
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
[273] 21-01-27 15:28:52 CET
IQ to determine elevator timing
3d6 <= 14 : 6 + 1 + 6 = 13 ... success

That is enough of a success to count, should you choose to use it.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.