Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Resources

Old 04-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #111
bongotastic

Default Re: GURPS Community Campaign & Adventure Repository

Hello,

I'm running two campaigns and some straddling one-off in the same Middle-earth world. I use GURPS 4e Basic, with some supplements but not explicitly Dungeon Fantasy. I also write a bit about skill progression, and Middle-Earth adaptation to GURPS.

I keep a running story here:

http://gurpspalantirquest.blogspot.ca/
bongotastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:01 PM   #112
Rasputin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongotastic View Post
I keep a running story here:

http://gurpspalantirquest.blogspot.ca/
Those write-ups are going to be a great story at the end.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #113
bongotastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Those write-ups are going to be a great story at the end.
Thanks, I've got great players!
bongotastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #114
Gotha

I just posted a conversion of the french game miles Christi to GURPS 3e on my site. It's available here. The setting is 1170-1190 Middle East and players are templars (hence the name of the game), always torn between their monastic vows and their chivalric duties.

However, note that the thing is in french, so beware !
Gotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #115
Genesis

The Rising of an Eldritch Moon:
Wild West x Lovecraft setting, with a bit of a Monster Hunters vibe in the first season, but that'll die down somewhat as the metaplot gets going. Just finished season 1, which lasted ~9 sessions. Year is nominally 1895, with a few anachronisms thrown in for effect - mostly with regards to the level of settlement in the West, which was actually quite a bit greater at the time than the vast, desolate land I like for the story.

Characters include an alcoholic old bounty hunter, an exiled Indian apprentice demon hunter, an ex-bandit gunslinger with one arm who's already missing half his mind, and a journalist with oracular powers and Delusion: There's No Such Thing As The Supernatural. It's great fun so far - keeping the PCs on the run is a lot of fun, and the players loved the feeling of the final climax, which involved the total slaughter of a whole herd of the nasties who'd been terrorizing them for weeks.

The Flame of Magery:
Modern Secret Magic, towards the superheroic mold. All the PCs are newly awakened mages, induced to their Kindling in an enormous act of magical terrorism. Ten years later, having grown significantly in their powers, the campaign follows the long-term fallout of the events surrounding the PCs' magical birth. Uses a custom-built magic-as-powers system modeled partially off Divine Power, with some Supers and Psionic Powers thrown in for good measure. Currently playing the first season...

The City of Wards:
250 years have passed since a plague destroyed human civilization. Only one city still exists: Wards - the last inheritor of the pre-End golden age. The ecology of North America has mostly recovered, but the human population remains tiny, scattered in nomadic tribes. Amidst the new stone age, Wards clings to the remnants of technology, starving for materials and space to maintain their expertise. Fiercely nationalistic, intensely dedicated, clinging to the crumbling edifice of the past.

PCs come and go with some regularity - an ever-expanding list of templates and lenses makes chargen pretty quick, which is good, considering the mortality rate of a world still living in the shadow of the Plague. Politics in the Wards oligarchy one week, salvage expeditions to ruined and rotting cities the next, all with extremely limited tech the PCs use to maintain their advantage both over other humans and the walking dead.

The Metahuman Task Group
The superman exists, and he is American. Mid 2009, the entity that came to be known as the Metahuman appeared in President Obama's office for a friendly chat. He is unpredictable and flighty, his powers fluctuate wildly, and his motives are totally obscure. His presence inevitably leads to property destruction, injury, even death - chaos follows in his wake. He has proven on occasion, however, amenable to American interests. He has intervened (covertly, of course) in a number of strategic and scientific initiatives. He's getting worse, though - and less and less patient with his handlers, who are chronically out of their depth. The worlds first, and only, superhuman needs looking after.

Obviously inspired by Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen, the Metahuman is nothing like him in temperment or power set. Both fluctuate wildly. PCs are all humans (elite humans, the best of the best, but all strictly mundane and non-cinematic) working at the above-mentioned Task Force. Psychologists, military, scientists, logistics, the works - the MTG is secret, and keeping it all that way is an enormous undertaking. Worst of all, no one knows quite what the godling wants! Currently writing the first season up, and soliciting players.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #116
Gigermann

It's funny—when I first started this thread, it was my intention to make it easy to find accounts of actual play, for inspiration and/or entertainment. These days, it's really easy to find actual-play blogs, even by GURPS writers for their own games—though it's still nice to have a central collection-point for them all, at least, as it relates to GURPS.

That said, I've started a new campaign, and have joined the session-blogging crowd with my own offering to the community. God help us all. :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigermann View Post
After the End: A sandbox/hex-crawl post-zombie-apocalypse campaign, featuring a group of contestants and production crew for a post-apocalypse–themed reality show called After the End. First campaign to feature a session-blog. Obviously, this predates the official After the End and Zombies books.
Gigermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #117
Gigermann

I should also make mention of the Olympus RPG blog, the home of the online GURPS troupe I've been playing with for some years now, via Fantasy Grounds. The blog goes all the way back to the beginning of the group, covering Traveller: Interstellar Wars, Banestorm, and Shadowrun, though the posting wasn't as regular until the latest campaign, a new Traveller campaign set in the Third Imperium.
Gigermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #118
terribly_nuclear

Currently running a game for my brother and his mates set in a fictional university town in Massachusetts in the late 1920's (they're about 13 months from the financial crash now - will it happen in this timeline? (of course, it sounds fun))

However, the academic system in this world is keeping a secret - namely that magic still exists. Magic is practised by small cells of wizards employed as normal university staff - the idea is that they preserve magical lore whilst keeping it a secret, and they operate in academia because you expect erratic and eccentric behaviour from middle-aged professors. It's proving to be a lot of fun, actually - kind of like a cross between Lovecraft, Men In Black and Boys-Own type adventures.
terribly_nuclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:51 PM   #119
JMD

I'm currently running a fantasy campaign, and each session a different player is in charge of taking notes and later sending me a log of what happened. They are then rewarded with 1 cp.

The logs are here, if you are interested. You can also find my races, powers, kits, and other goodies for the campaign on my site if you are so inclined.

Campaign Log
JMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #120
ClayDowling

I have a set of adventure seeds (adventures without details/stats written out) at http://www.obrienscafe.com/adventures.html

These are essentially what I use for high level planning. My scene by scene planning is done with specific attributes of my players and their characters in mind.

Tags
nigirea