Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 12:51 PM   #1
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default Call for Playtesters: GURPS Steampunk 2: Steam and Shellfire

We are seeking playtesters for GURPS Steampunk 2: Steam and Shellfire, by Phil Masters. This is a follow-up to GURPS Steampunk 1: Settings and Style, which itself builds off the classic GURPS Third Edition supplement GURPS Steampunk. Steampunk 2 deals with technology and equipment in steampunk worlds, whether historically realistic or highly fantastical. It covers information-processing devices, power sources, weapons, clothing, and assorted adventuring gear. Means of transport have already been covered by GURPS Vehicles: Steampunk Conveyances.

We are primarily seeking applicants with experience with or knowledge of real Steam Age technology and of steampunk fiction and fashion, or an enthusiastic interest in running steampunk games. Applicants should ideally be familiar with the GURPS Basic Set and the aforementioned GURPS Steampunk 1: Settings and Style, as well as GURPS Vehicles: Steampunk Conveyances and the Third Edition supplements GURPS Steampunk and GURPS Steam-Tech. However, fresh eyes may be useful in a number of places, so please feel free to apply if you feel you have something to contribute.

This supplement combines both "crunchy" game details and flavorful steampunk genre elements, so we will be looking for comments on game mechanics as well as atmosphere and style. We expect the playtest to be very active for about three weeks, and then to remain open to hammer out details for as long as the author requires after the initial feedback period.

The playtest is currently scheduled to run from October 2 to October 23. We would ideally have all applications by October 1.

Preferential playtest slots will be given to those who have spent at least $50 on PDFs from Warehouse 23 in the past calendar year; however, this is not a requirement. For more information, see the general playtest information page.

Prospective playtesters should email Roger Burton West at pt-steampunk2@firedrake.org with [playtest] in the subject. Include your preferred email address for the closed playtest mailing list, your name as wish it to appear in the published supplement, your Warehouse 23 login name, and a few words on why we should pick you: qualifications, experience, current gaming group(s), etc. Please submit in this format:

Code:
jennydoe@etheremail.com
Jennifer Doe
jendoegamer

I'm a GM with 10 years' experience, and have been running GURPS campaigns
for seven years; I have playtest credit on three previous supplements. I've
been running a Steampunk game for the past six years. In my spare time I
tinker with steam-powered gizmos.
We look forward to hearing from you!

Last edited by Steven Marsh; 09-26-2017 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Tweaking "code" block
Closed Thread