Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 07-28-2020, 02:17 PM   #21
letatcestmoi

Default Re: The Fantasy Trip: Hexagram #5 and Ardonirane

I am very lucky that I have a great friend in Dallas who is willing to receive my various US only Kickstarter projects.

I totally get the whole SHIPPING issue/problem/debacle, especially for a small company.

Call me crazy, but would it be possible to have the bundle available for pre-order on warehouse 23?

Like, I’m all in at the $90 level on KS, but I would rather have my stuff sooner than later. So, if you had a pre-order on warehouse 23, I would pay for it now (no different than a KS pledge) and when the stuff comes in, warehouse 23 already has the order in the system and can ship it to me.

I am well aware that for every problem there is a solution that is a simple, elegant, and wrong. And this may well be one of them.
letatcestmoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 06:53 AM   #22
Shadekeep

Hurrah, more mats on offer!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2906703

If my maths are correct, there are a total of 365 mats available now. That's one for every day of the year. ~_^
Old 07-29-2020, 07:23 AM   #23
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letatcestmoi View Post
Call me crazy, but would it be possible to have the bundle available for pre-order on warehouse 23?
Our focus is on the Kickstarter campaign at the moment. We'll turn to Warehouse 23 in the future, after this project has closed.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 10:58 PM   #24
David L Pulver
AlienAbductee

Ardonirane - City of the Thorsz was the first big TFT book I proposed. I'd wanted to find out more about the Thorsz ever since I played Death Test back in 1978. I had a lot of fun doing it, with some help from SJ and Henry Cobb.

There's a few details of the book in the Kickstarter page, but I thought I'd mention a few other things that are in ARDONIRANE:

* History! The current Thorsz wasn't the first - there's almost 700 years of history, much of it tied into ongoing plots that are still relevant. The Thorsz has enemies, lots of them, and if you sign up for his guards, you're have plenty of foes to deal with! Or you can join one of the rebel factions... . Many consider a Thorsz a tyrant... You'll also find out the origins of the mysterious ruins of the dark empire of Quercim (mentioned in Death Test 2) -- and can visit the ruins, if you dare. Then there are the fierce Red Plains Orcs, the Forge of Rhakk, and the Mnorenessa trade and its connection to the Vanishing Forest, the secret of the Temple of the Golden Skull, the goblin invasion, the defeat of the Crimson Horde...

* Geography. It's not just a city. There's a complete region, the Red Plains, that is the same size as the Duchy of Dran and environs, fully mapped out, including rival cities like Ars Vaskul, the Onyx Halls, and Ryuvatar, multiple labyrinth sites, ancient ruins, caravan routes, bandit lairs, weird places, and nonhuman enclaves. There's also detailed encounter tables for the entire region. The relationship between the Red Plains region and Dran is spelled out, along with Gate connections (and conventional trade routes) that make it easy to bring characters into Ardonirane or vice versa.

* Organizations. The Red Robes, the Army, the Great Houses, Guilds, rival Gangs, merchants, religions... the tetrarchists, the underguild, the local versions of the Temple of Enok, background on the orcish Rhakkra faith (including their great holy ground, the Forge of Rhakk) and weirder groups like the Mnorenists, and the sinister Disbelievers, as well as the powerful Church of Ryuvatar.

* The City: Ardonirane is a city of 15,000 people, the same size as the capital of Dran, with a multi-ethnic and species population. Every street of the city's multiple quarters has its own description, and each street has several landmarks, establishments or businesses, almost all with some sort of adventure seed. Korba's Alley, Gargoyle Lane and its magical market, The Tower of the Basilisk the Great Temple of Omnipotent Enok,, Starcrusher's Quarry, the Ratcatcher's Guild, Slythazar's Delectable Eels, the Dark Angel, the Devil's Court, the deadly Gardens of Mevrian... Also covered are city customs, landmarks, defenses, festivals, the Bird Races... and the sewers.

* Characters: Over a hundred NPCs are statted out, including movers and shakers like he Thorsz himself, his scheming master mage Irrisee, the loyal orc captain Ayoch, the deadly Grandmother Fang, the enigmatic Shebat Spidersoul and many more... as well as dozens of patrons, guards, actors, physickers, shopkeepers, thieves, wizards, nomads, traders, nobles, and more.

* The Palace of the Thorsz: Of course, the Thorsz is there. Full stats of him, lieutenants, bodyguards, and even lovers... And complete maps and room by room descriptions of the Thorsz's multi-level citadel, and what may be encountered there. (There are more details on how The Death Test and how it came to be, but the actual labyrinth isn't here: it's in the Death Test solo.)

I'm hoping you'll enjoy discovering Ardonirane!
Old 08-05-2020, 10:28 AM   #25
letatcestmoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Our focus is on the Kickstarter campaign at the moment. We'll turn to Warehouse 23 in the future, after this project has closed.
I apologize, because I wasn’t really clear in my suggestion.

What I am suggesting, and to some extent requesting, is that you leverage Warehouse 23 as a pre-order system that dovetails with your KS campaign. To be candid, I back your campaigns for TFT material not only because I love the product and want to see you guys continue publishing resources for it, but also because they are a really good deal. The only reason I can back your US only projects, is that I have a friend who is willing to be my recipient.

If I could pre-pay you 90 bucks at warehouse 23, then I could get not only the deal that the rest of the KS backers get, but also get the stuff shipped to me here in Canada.

I also totally get that shipping rates and all that jazz might change between the kick starter campaign and the receipt of the product in your warehouse, so another potential solution is to sell me a $90 gift card, that would entitle me to one “bundle“ equivalent to what you’re offering in the kick starter campaign, and then when the stuff arrives, I can go to warehouse 23, use my gift card, and pay shipping at the time which would be at the appropriate rate.

The only thing that you guys would need to do, and I understand that my request is not as simple as most people might think, is that you would need to keep track of how many, in this case play mats, you would need to provide to your potential international backers.

Does that make more sense?
letatcestmoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 05:36 PM   #26
larsdangly

Quote:
Originally Posted by David L Pulver View Post
A...I thought I'd mention a few other things that are in ARDONIRANE:
Amazing! Thanks so much for creating this.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 07:08 PM   #27
David L Pulver
AlienAbductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
Thank you. It's a pleasure and priviledge to do so.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:44 PM   #28
HeatDeath

Quote:
Ardonirane - City of the Thorsz was the first big TFT book I proposed. I'd wanted to find out more about the Thorsz ever since I played Death Test back in 1978. I had a lot of fun doing it, with some help from SJ and Henry Cobb.

There's a few details of the book in the Kickstarter page, but I thought I'd mention a few other things that are in ARDONIRANE:

(Much awesomeness snipped...)
If i wasn't already in, you just sold me!
HeatDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 10:48 PM   #29
JohnPaulB

Quote:
Ardonirane - City of the Thorsz was the first big TFT book I proposed.

* History! The current Thorsz wasn't the first - there's almost 700 years of history, much of it tied into ongoing plots that are still relevant.

* The City: Ardonirane is a city of 15,000 people, the same size as the capital of Dran, with a multi-ethnic and species population. Every street of the city's multiple quarters has its own description, and each street has several landmarks, establishments or businesses, almost all with some sort of adventure seed. Korba's Alley, Gargoyle Lane and its magical market, The Tower of the Basilisk the Great Temple of Omnipotent Enok,, Starcrusher's Quarry, the Ratcatcher's Guild, Slythazar's Delectable Eels, the Dark Angel, the Devil's Court, the deadly Gardens of Mevrian... Also covered are city customs, landmarks, defenses, festivals, the Bird Races... and the sewers.

* Characters: Over a hundred NPCs are statted out, including movers and shakers like he Thorsz himself, his scheming master mage Irrisee, the loyal orc captain Ayoch, the deadly Grandmother Fang, the enigmatic Shebat Spidersoul and many more... as well as dozens of patrons, guards, actors, physickers, shopkeepers, thieves, wizards, nomads, traders, nobles, and more.
I want to walk a TFT city block and meet TFT people!

Fantasy Chess: A chess game with combat.
Don't just take the square, Fight for it!
https://www.shadowhex.com
JohnPaulB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 11:19 PM   #30
DarkPumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
Indeed! That's about 10x as awesome as I was able to imagine it would be.
DarkPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote