Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-01-2017, 02:28 PM   #1
weso12

Default Making Power Investiture spell lists for broad gods in semi-dungeon fantasy?

Okay I'm working on a campaign setting for what I'm calling Semi-Dungeon Fantasy: It's based off D&D stuff, but it's both more serious than the stuff in the Dungeon Fantasy books suggested, doesn't require the templates (though templates are allowed if they fit the setting), the fact theirs less dungeon crawling and more social stuff than expected, and ignores some dungeon fantasy rules and advice . And I want to know what's a good way to make spell lists for the Power Investiture gods, in my setting. I've read Dungeon Fantasy 7 Clerics, but that basically just lists spell lists for specific narrow domains, and doesn't give any GM advice how to make new spell lists for gods that exist outside of those domains, what tier appriopate for what spells, how many spells to grant per leve. And my setting makes it more complicated because the gods are Broad, (ignoring some advice in Dungeon Fantasy Clerics I know, but I designed the gods before I read this advice and still want to convert this setting to GURPs)

Some notes:

Divine abilities are considered "Magic". Thus are susceptible to advantages that are cancel out magic (though they ignore mana zones, but even divine advantages pay attention to Sanctity, only what is now known as Arcane Magic (which is what gurps considers magic), pays attention to mana zones).

Wizards exist use arcane magic, and ignore the niche protection rules in dungeon fantasy, (they can learn healing, animal, plant and weather spells) except for the fact they can't learn enchantment spells (which are the domain of those born with a special arcane mark, they are modifications to make magic item creation faster, that's not really relevant here)

Druids exist but they are considered Divine (and there for magic) and all receive their powers from one specific god, the only difference between them and the priests of that god, is that Druids can cast different spells, and that druids are protecter and caretakers of nature and priests duties are to convert people to the way of nature and hold sermon and stuff like that (though the ones that adventure are more of the converting doing good deeds in the name of their god type)

If it helps at all there's the domain of all the gods (4 gods are considered good, 4 gods are considered evil but in reality they are all kind of messed in their own way)

The 4 Gods that are considered Good
Turelezo: God of Farming, Fertility, Elves, and (Land-Based) Plants, animals and Fungi
Jestus: Goddess of Justice, Family, Punishment, Order, Community, Mining, the Earth, Dwarves, Purity and chastity
Perezina: Goddess of Leisure, Music, Sex, Emotions, Freedom, Gnomes and (Arcane) Magic.
Codicallo: God of Money, Trade, Diplomacy, and Halflings

The 4 Gods that are considered Evil
Sabrindo: God of conservation, foresight, hiechary, wisdom, dragons, and dragon folk
Intellgra: Goddess of Intelligence, Study, Preseravation, Truth, Psionics and Goblins
Pendella: Goddess of Strength, Anarchy, Individualism, and Orc
Verastol: God of Water, Fish, Fishing, Versatility, Adaptability, Speed, Travel, Luck and Aquans (a race I made up)
weso12 is offline   Reply With Quote