Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-10-2021, 01:39 PM   #101
ajardoor

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
OOC: Great! So, what's the remaining loot?
OOC: Not much else. Their weapons, their rations, 2 small knives, junk.
Old 04-10-2021, 02:34 PM   #102
PumpkinLorica

Gathika's detect poison SL is 14, she is successful! She tells Vic about the ingredients (herbs) in the poison so they can produce the poison and the antidote.
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 05:11 PM   #103
ajardoor

With the herbs nowhere nearby, and an antidote for the poison not readily made, the party moves on, travelling until night falls.

(OOC: No random encounter tonight. Roll for setting up the camp. Mark off the meals eaten today.)

The party camps down, sure that they'll make it to the Caves early tomorrow.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:08 PM   #104
Hide

Alright, tonight Bain will help in setting up the camp as he did before, using his soldier (12) skill. If he succeeds, he should grant a +1 to Vicious survival (14) roll (if/once he calls it). Otherwise Bain will set the camp taking extra-time with soldier (12+1). He will sleep in the same way he did, ready to stand-up quickly, bow in hand and his arrows on him.

Bain sits before the campfire and eats with the party. He compliments the strength of both Vic and Telrith’s elementals.

The garden of death, this is how we call the battlefield in my hometown. According to the folktale: "We shall not see a world that will be dear to us, unless we claim the battlefield. Only then we shall escape an abyss darker than death".

I believe we made justice to these words, albeit for today.

Vic, how did you learn to fight like that? Aren't you a grave-digger?

After he listens to Vic, and possibly after having an exchange of words, he asks both Gathika and Telrith about their magic.

Why did you learn magic?
Old 04-11-2021, 06:21 PM   #105
ajardoor

(OOC: You rolled a 12 for the Soldier roll.)
Old 04-11-2021, 11:19 PM   #106
PumpkinLorica

Gathika offers to help with the preparation of the food (essential food, SL 14) and comments that later she will join the party at the fire. She also makes sure the new rations are not human flesh (otherwise she will dispose of them).

Then, she replies to Bain:

I don't know if the spirits allow me to tell you how I got my magic… But I will check with them to see whether it is OK to talk about it, or not.

She looks at the fire and meditates (spacing out for a while).

The spirits tell me it is appropriate to tell you about my powers.

I will tell you why and how:

Since my childhood I can see the spirits. They have always accompanied me; eventually they offered me great power in exchange of following their doctrine and their rules. They always told me I was a good kitty and that I was the chosen one.

The people around me thought I was a crazy kitten, they ignored me at first but then they insulted me, meow. Since I have always been good, the spirits told me they could take them away and finally grant me their powers. And I agreed with them. All of those who disrespected me, disappeared.

Magical powers MEOW. Hee-Hee!
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 07:53 AM   #107
ajardoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica View Post
Gathika offers to help with the preparation of the food (essential food, SL 14) and comments that later she will join the party at the fire. She also makes sure the new rations are not human flesh (otherwise she will dispose of them).
(OOC: You rolled a 13. The spell is cast.)
Old 04-12-2021, 08:42 AM   #108
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:

I believe their remains might contaminate and corrupt this land if we just bury them.

This soil and the woods that shelter us, deserve better.

Just as it burns the impurity out of metal and cleanses a wound, fire, has the power to purify their filth.

Telrith, earth is your element and you should know better. I would like to listen to you, so we could bring harmony to this place.

"It depends on the monster, I think. Some draw strength from the earth. Some of impeded by it. Most don't care."

"The element of earth is much the same way. Sometimes it appreciates bodies being returned to it. Other times it finds them repulsive. But usually it doesn't care. It does like nutrients though, and I don't think these things are particularly unnatural. I'd as soon give their bodies to the earth as to the flames or the air.

Quote:
Why did you learn magic?

"In order to build armies. Generals and Rulers recon strength by the number of troops in their armies. I wish to counted as an army rather than as a man. Recruiting and managing and feeding people is hard. Elementals? I recruit a new one every day."

Telrith makes sure to instruct his elementals on supporting whoever is on watch. (they have per 6, so we probably shouldn't hand over the watch to them... but they don't sleep either).

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 12:56 PM   #109
vicious Violence

Quote:
Alright, tonight Bain will help in setting up the camp as he did before, using his soldier (12) skill. If he succeeds, he should grant a +1 to Vicious survival (14) roll (if/once he calls it). Otherwise Bain will set the camp taking extra-time with soldier (12+1). He will sleep in the same way he did, ready to stand-up quickly, bow in hand and his arrows on him.

Bain sits before the campfire and eats with the party. He compliments the strength of both Vic and Telrith’s elementals.

The garden of death, this is how we call the battlefield in my hometown. According to the folktale: "We shall not see a world that will be dear to us, unless we claim the battlefield. Only then we shall escape an abyss darker than death".

I believe we made justice to these words, albeit for today.

Vic, how did you learn to fight like that? Aren't you a grave-digger?

After he listens to Vic, and possibly after having an exchange of words, he asks both Gathika and Telrith about their magic.

Why did you learn magic?

Vic looks solemnly into the firepit, "it was once my calling, tried to run away from it, to ignore it, but seems we cannot change our cards once they are dealt, you however are also adept at killing, you seem to give gravediggers much work. I also was to be like you. I'm amazed at the displays of magic I've seen lately"

I roll for survival (sk 15 with the plus one from Bain's roll) to help with setting up camp and keeping watch.

"Gathika I'm sorry I couldn't find the herbs, doesn't seem like too powerful a poison, but I'll be on the lookout as we travel."

Last edited by vicious Violence; 04-12-2021 at 01:12 PM.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 06:33 PM   #110
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
Vic looks solemnly into the firepit, "it was once my calling, tried to run away from it, to ignore it, but seems we cannot change our cards (...)
It is said we all are travelers because we all have a destination or a destiny; the destiny being not the same as fate, for fate is at our hands’ grasp, while destinations lie under our feet. That said, you might be dealt the cards of fate during the journey of your life, but you can decide path to your final destination. And perhaps this is how you ended here, despite of your cards, your feet brought you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) I'd as soon give their bodies to the earth as to the flames or the air.
I see, I guess I understand you. When it comes to the dead: It is ashes to ashes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) In order to build armies. Generals and Rulers recon strength by the number of troops in their armies. I wish to counted as an army rather than as a man (...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica View Post
(...) I will tell you why and how (...) Since I have always been good, the spirits told me they could take them away and finally grant me their powers. And I agreed with them. All of those who disrespected me, disappeared. Magical powers MEOW. Hee-Hee!
Magic has always been an interesting subject to me, close but also distant, indeed. I am glad to have you here.

Everybody is taught some degree of magic at my homeland, but we generally refrain its use if we can solve the issue “the mundane way”. This does not mean everybody is magic-sensitive, but we consider magic is a phenomenon we all should understand as inevitable in our lives, although it should not be what defines us.

In other words, we are taught life is painful, that pain does not last forever and that in the end what remains is only us. So, we must experience and relief pain in the flesh and by the flesh as this is what makes us human, observing that "having it easy" with magic may only lead to our dehumanization.

The Ruins of Avalon (in my homeland) are a reminder of this.

The ancient lore holds magic led the realm to both its brightest and its darkest times, assisting the rise and the fall of the great kings of old and of the most prized cities that ever existed. Our people learned the hard way that magic speeds up the aging (not the growth) of civilizations, implying they reach their pinnacle as fast as they descent and perish.

After having this chat with his fellow delvers, Bain stands up and goes to sleep.

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, magic, martial arts, riddle of steel, sharpshooter, sierra hotel adventurers, spells, swordlogic