Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-20-2014, 01:15 AM   #21
unsanemaker

Default Re: Super fantasy Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku View Post
No books handy right now so I can't build it, but if name brand candies are allowed, it just seems "wrong" not to come up with something for Warheads Sour Candy (it goes by different names in other regions). For those that have never had it, basically it would be a simple sweet, hard candy except it has a sour outer coating you have to endure first.

Something like a charged attack that builds while enduring the sour and triggers once the candy gets to the "sweet" seems appropriate, perhaps treating the time you're finishing off the now sweet hard candy as Recharge.

Anyway, unsanemaker right now your claim to "breaking games" sounds like it rests more on your GM because I still don't understand where this 2 pts thing is coming from. Even for "powering up" something originally bought at full price, that isn't how it usually works. Granted, I am the "outdated guy" who doesn't know very much about the current edition. >.>
I like the idea.

I fail to see how I am going to be able to break the game now. I mean, D&D and Call of Chultu are different because of class systems and what not but this game allows for anything. If anything, he game be the power to break the game but even still I misunderstood what he said; the power itself is full price but if I wish to increase how powerful it is, day increase duration or damage it will cost 2 more points per "power level increase " .
unsanemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:10 AM   #22
Nereidalbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsanemaker View Post
I like the idea.

I fail to see how I am going to be able to break the game now. I mean, D&D and Call of Chultu are different because of class systems and what not but this game allows for anything. If anything, he game be the power to break the game but even still I misunderstood what he said; the power itself is full price but if I wish to increase how powerful it is, day increase duration or damage it will cost 2 more points per "power level increase " .
Buy an Innate Attack with so many enhancements it costs 100 points at 1d damage. By RAW, you need to save up 100 points to buy it up to 2d, but your friend only wants to charge 2 points. THAT is how a game gets broken by changing prices.
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:20 AM   #23
Figleaf23
Banned

What does "day increase" mean?
Figleaf23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:48 AM   #24
unsanemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figleaf23 View Post
What does "day increase" mean?

I meant say not day.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:52 AM   #25
unsanemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
Buy an Innate Attack with so many enhancements it costs 100 points at 1d damage. By RAW, you need to save up 100 points to buy it up to 2d, but your friend only wants to charge 2 points. THAT is how a game gets broken by changing prices.

I see. He thinks he stopping me but in reality he is just going to end up doing himself in. I know this is going to be my first time playing but I feel bad taking advantage of the situation at hand.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:22 AM   #26
Nereidalbel

Quote:
I see. He thinks he stopping me but in reality he is just going to end up doing himself in. I know this is going to be my first time playing but I feel bad taking advantage of the situation at hand.
Don't forget the exponential increase in what each level of Create can do, which is why that first level is so darn expensive.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:02 AM   #27
unsanemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
Don't forget the exponential increase in what each level of Create can do, which is why that first level is so darn expensive.
What book is "Create" in? He gave me a copy of Powers and the core character book.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:18 AM   #28
Nereidalbel

Quote:
What book is "Create" in? He gave me a copy of Powers and the core character book.
Powers, p92.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:53 AM   #29
Figleaf23
Banned

I wonder if the GM meant that each alternate candy power should be limited to a CP value of 2/level.
Figleaf23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:16 PM   #30
simply Nathan
formerly known as 'Kenneth Latrans'

I was reading it to mean you can only put 2 points per day into improving the powers, but it's still not clear.

Tags
candy, fantasy, hero, super powers, superheroes