Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2016, 04:05 AM   #1
scc

Default [Magic] Would You Summon This Elemental?

OK, for some time I've been tinkering with Magic. One of the ideas that crawled into my head was to create Elementals for every Body Of spell in Magic, that hit a snag when trying to figure out Damage Resistance for Air Elemental's, they're made of AIR, how does a sword hurt them? Well I've figured that out and now want to forums opinion of what I've come up with.

This Air Elemental is built on 30 points and thus requires a 3 energy casting of Summon Air Elemental to summon one.

Attribute Modifiers: DX-1 [-20]; -2 IQ [-40].
Secondary Characteristic Modifiers: SM -1; HP+4 [8].
Advantages: Doesn’t Breathe [20]; Doesn’t Eat or Drink [10]; Flight (Lighter Than Air, -10%; Low Ceiling, 5-foot, -25%, PM:Magic, -10%;) [22]; Immunity to Metabolic Hazards [30]; Injury Tolerance (Diffuse) [100]; Unkillabkle 3 (Elemental (Air), -10%; Energy Being, -20%; Mortal, -20%; PM:Magic, -10%) [60].
Disadvantages: Cannot Learn [-30]; No Fine Manipulators [-30]; Numb [-20]; Reprogrammable [-10]; Social Stigma (Subjugated) [-20]; Unhealing (Total) [-30]; Vulnerability (Vacuum and wind-based attacks x2) [-20].

Now for some explanation of some of the traits present.
Unkillable. The Energy Being Limitation is a custom one and probably the questionable part of this build, the actual value of the Limitation is just a guess, but it's very close to an Achilles’ Heel for energy drain attacks, you run out of FP and you die. The PM:Magic and Elemental (Air) Limitations describe make it comprised of Magical energies and that it can only work with Air, I'm still working on writing that part out.

Cannot Learn and Reprogrammable come from the fact that wizards can just create them out of nothing, so it logical follow that using the same spell allows you to make them stronger. Social Stigma (Subjugated) comes from the fact that it's perfectly acceptable for wizards to enslave them. And Unhealing, well this isn't the sort of thing that can heal naturally, being as how it has no self-repair mechanisms
scc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
elementals, magic