Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin Collectible Card Game

Old 02-28-2018, 08:46 PM   #1
GamerIRL

Default Cleric Card Questions

I was playing against the cleric deck and we came across a lot of cards that said heal x amount. Normally it was a monster like the Pygmy Suckophant or the Suction Cup card. Where do you heal? Is the monster healing himself so it never gets squished so it goes to their stash? Can you heal your hero? Heal an ally? Or heal any other card? Or all of the above? Is it even possible to heal the monster that is being attack like the Suction Cup healing itself which means it will never be squished? The card Holier Symbol has a similar effect.

Hairy Tick it costs 2 so if you paid 3 do you get all 3 gold back?

Smite Unseen can you play this after the opponent chose to “face the monster?” I was saying it had to be used before I showed you my card but my opponent was saying otherwise.

Thanks! I’m sure there will be more questions the further I dive in this amazing CCG!
GamerIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:29 AM   #2
ClassicFrog

Default Re: Cleric Card Questions

I was playing against the cleric deck and we came across a lot of cards that said heal x amount. Normally it was a monster like the Pygmy Suckophant or the Suction Cup card. Where do you heal? Is the monster healing himself so it never gets squished so it goes to their stash? Can you heal your hero? Heal an ally? Or heal any other card? Or all of the above? Is it even possible to heal the monster that is being attack like the Suction Cup healing itself which means it will never be squished? The card Holier Symbol has a similar effect.

I am 90% sure when a card says "you heal" its referring to your character card.

the effect would only go off if your opponent chose to face the monster, and since it is a monster (you aren't bluffing) you don't get your coin back from summoning it. if your opponent chooses to run away meaning you don't reveal the card effect you would get all 3 gold back and the effect would not go off because it wasn't revealed.

Smite Unseen can you play this after the opponent chose to “face the monster?” I was saying it had to be used before I showed you my card but my opponent was saying otherwise.

The card specifically states: "Play when a fight has been declared." which is the start of the fight phase so before you choose to face the monster or not. if the card said "after a fight has been declared" then i would say this card could be played at any point in a fight. but i think the wording makes it specific to the point of time after a person starts a fight and before the defender decides to face the monster. also the card is literally called "smite UNSEEN" aka face down
ClassicFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:16 AM   #3
Devin Lewis
Munchkin Associate Dev

ClassicFrog is correct on all counts.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:40 PM   #4
GamerIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicFrog View Post

I am 90% sure when a card says "you heal" its referring to your character card.

the effect would only go off if your opponent chose to face the monster, and since it is a monster (you aren't bluffing) you don't get your coin back from summoning it. if your opponent chooses to run away meaning you don't reveal the card effect you would get all 3 gold back and the effect would not go off because it wasn't revealed.

The card specifically states: "Play when a fight has been declared." which is the start of the fight phase so before you choose to face the monster or not. if the card said "after a fight has been declared" then i would say this card could be played at any point in a fight. but i think the wording makes it specific to the point of time after a person starts a fight and before the defender decides to face the monster. also the card is literally called "smite UNSEEN" aka face down
Thank you! I figured with the last one but again, someone was questioning it.

Is the character card the hero card? Or that monster card?

Also, I was trying not to say the text on the Hairy Tick since I know it’s against their rules but maybe I wasn’t clear. The ability for the Hairy Tick states if you over pay for this monster stash target loot. So I’m curious about the text “stash target loot” does that mean since it cost 2 and I overpay with 3 gold, how much of the gold am I keeping?
Old 03-01-2018, 01:54 PM   #5
Devin Lewis
Munchkin Associate Dev

Yes, your Hero, not character card.

If you overpay a Monster, you don't get any gold back. The Monster will happily keep any extra gold you give it.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:59 PM   #6
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerIRL View Post
Thank you! I figured with the last one but again, someone was questioning it.

Is the character card the hero card? Or that monster card?

Also, I was trying not to say the text on the Hairy Tick since I know it’s against their rules but maybe I wasn’t clear. The ability for the Hairy Tick states if you over pay for this monster stash target loot. So I’m curious about the text “stash target loot” does that mean since it cost 2 and I overpay with 3 gold, how much of the gold am I keeping?
The gold isn't "loot". Loot is a type of card. It sounds like if you overpay for Hairy Tick, you can target a Loot card in play and move it to that player's Stash.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 02:09 PM   #7
DJGigabyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicFrog View Post
[I]

Would Smite Unseen move the card that is fighting to the discard face down? Or can cards only be placed into the discard face up?
If face up, and the attacking player was "cheating", would this count as catching a "cheat" and bring with it the associated penalties?
DJGigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 02:30 PM   #8
Devin Lewis
Munchkin Associate Dev

Cards only go in the discard pile face-up. This doesn't count as revealing the card and the checking for cheating step never happens, so no penalties or benefits apply.
Old 03-01-2018, 03:43 PM   #9
GamerIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
The gold isn't "loot". Loot is a type of card. It sounds like if you overpay for Hairy Tick, you can target a Loot card in play and move it to that player's Stash.
Omg duh! Slipped my mind.