Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-01-2010, 10:33 AM   #11
malloyd

Default Re: Spell Radius in GURPS - opinion sought

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasong View Post
That makes sense, and matches my initial intuition. I just over-thought it.

At least one of my players will be happy about this . . . (at least until they meet my Rain of Fire encounter).
I don't see how it makes any difference really, the distinction between in one of the rings vs the measuring thread reaches both the front and back of the figure isn't going to change anything for a radius of less than 10 hexes or so. Even if you are trying to hit everything in a circular room, since the hexes the ring wouldn't touch would also be the hexes with partial walls which no figures on the hex map could legally be standing in.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #12
seasong

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloyd View Post
I don't see how it makes any difference really, the distinction between in one of the rings vs the measuring thread reaches both the front and back of the figure isn't going to change anything for a radius of less than 10 hexes or so. Even if you are trying to hit everything in a circular room, since the hexes the ring wouldn't touch would also be the hexes with partial walls which no figures on the hex map could legally be standing in.
As I stated at the beginning, I don't use hexes, so it makes a great deal of difference :-)
Old 07-01-2010, 03:24 PM   #13
Desthro

Ultimately it doesn't really matter, if you use hexes you use the hexes interpretation, if you don't, you use the inches interpretation.
Desthro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gurps, magic