Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2017, 03:35 PM   #1
hal

Default Converting prices in other game systems to GURPS

Hello Folks,
Rather than continue a divergence from other poster's thread, I decided to open this up, in case someone might find it useful. The original comment that sparked the response, and my reply to that response, was how to convert prices in one game system over to something that can be used with GURPS. In my next post, I will explain what I'm doing these days for conversions, and why. I see no reason why people can't offer up their own methodologies and why they do it. This may give ideas to readers on how to convert prices from different game source books. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
What was the URL? It might be in the Internet Archive, and I'd like to see it.
Originally, when I attempted to go back to my old web page at waybackmachine, I couldn't get past the robots thingie that barred me from accessing my old web page. Today, when I used an old URL to the waybackmachine that directly linked to my old web page, I was shocked to find it worked!

So, without much further ado...

REVISIONS Where I examined the data from C&S 3rd edition, found flaws from the analysis, and offered suggestions for fixing it.

FARMING - using the revenue generation for farming by means of Chivalry & Sorcery's third edition rules, but modified for use with GURPS rules. The money values were fixed at $4 GURPS = 1 silver penny. A practice I now no longer advocate.

REVISED INCOMES This is where I attempted to fix the issues that someone missed when they published the Fourth Edition rules. I noted at the time, that the historical wage for Mercenary knights with a horse, was 2 shillings per day, which works out to 12 silver pennies to a shilling, or a total of 24 silver pennies. In the revised Incomes table I calculated - this is exactly what the mercenary knight would earn.

Much of this information probably won't make sense unless you can get your hands on Chivalry & Sorcery fourth edition (or the earlier Chivarly & Sorcery 3rd edition say, from Ebay). However, as fate would have it, RPGNOW.COM has the Chivalry & Sorcery REBIRTH edition (4th edition), available for free download HERE.

If you're going to navigate to various web pages on my now defunct web site, it is advised that you use the links at the top of the page rather than anywhere else. These seem to work relatively consistently.
hal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
c&s, chivalry & sorcery, price conversion