Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 03-04-2019, 11:49 AM   #1
zuljita

Default DFRPG Monsters 2 and reprint of the Box set on Kickstarter now!

Get in on this quick, super short kickstarter!
Old 03-04-2019, 04:08 PM   #2
Black Leviathan

Default Re: DFRPG Monsters 2 and reprint of the Box set on Kickstarter now!

This isn't a very good deal. They're kicking a printed copy of Monsters 2 for $20 but the only way to get a boxed set of DF is go drop another $75. Is there new content that's going to be in the second publishing?
Black Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 04:12 PM   #3
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Leviathan View Post
This isn't a very good deal. They're kicking a printed copy of Monsters 2 for $20 but the only way to get a boxed set of DF is go drop another $75. Is there new content that's going to be in the second publishing?
No, there is not new content. The MSRP of the box set is being increased to a more realistic level to account for the costs involved in manufacturing. The first printing was priced around a print run that we will not be matching with a reprint, which drives the per unit price higher.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 04:26 PM   #4
prospero

As far as I can tell, the second edition will be identical to the first, with only errata corrected.

That said, it looks like the DFRPG boxed set is also available as an add-on, for $75. It might be possible to back the campaign at the $1 level, and then add on $75 for a copy of the boxed set. There's also a $30 add-on for printed copies of the player-focused Adventurers and Spells. So, if you'd like printed versions, there are options that are less expensive than the $95 tier.

Of course, PDFs of both the boxed set and Monsters 2 are also available for a total of $50.
prospero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 04:46 PM   #5
Dalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Leviathan View Post
I've gotten nearly two years of good gaming with multiple groups out of my box with no end in sight. The D&D core rules gift set runs $170 and doesn't include dice, minis, or an adventure (but does include a screen).
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:33 PM   #6
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospero View Post
That said, it looks like the DFRPG boxed set is also available as an add-on, for $75. It might be possible to back the campaign at the $1 level, and then add on $75 for a copy of the boxed set.
You need to back at an actual reward tier in order to be eligible for add-ons. We can't plan effectively with a lot of nebulous unassigned money floating around.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:47 PM   #7
Refplace

The thing about this from my point of view is I spend $20 and get a new monsters book.
If I want more its available, though not at the early pricing I got from the first run. Which was frankly a ludicrous deal for me.
As a bonus if enough people want the Monsters 2 book, also including any late comers who want the original material we may see stock replenished which would be a good thing.
But that basic $20 is worth kicking in.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:21 AM   #8
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
You need to back at an actual reward tier in order to be eligible for add-ons. We can't plan effectively with a lot of nebulous unassigned money floating around.
That's a reward tier that includes a printed book yes? As the first tier states "No physical add-ons allowed".

Which... sigh. As a GM I don't need a printed monster book... but picking up the Player's Bundle would be very useful to me.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:34 AM   #9
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
That's a reward tier that includes a printed book yes? As the first tier states "No physical add-ons allowed".
This is correct. If you want to select printed add-ons, you will need to choose a reward level without this restriction.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:45 PM   #10
Black Leviathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalin View Post
I've gotten nearly two years of good gaming with multiple groups out of my box with no end in sight. The D&D core rules gift set runs $170 and doesn't include dice, minis, or an adventure (but does include a screen).
I concede it's a fair value at $75, It was a good value when I found it for sale at $50. But it's a hard sell for a new player at $75. We'd buy extra copies for the table at $40, probably not at $75.
Black Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote