Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 02-04-2019, 01:11 PM   #11
Lord Inar

Default Re: Large scale Battle Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse11h View Post
I have a copy of the old "Lords of Underearth" which provides a usable combat system for large scale combats involving companies of fighters on a side and even has effects for "heroes" affecting the outcomes. The only mention of magic though is a cop out saying that the rules of ITL are compatible and it should be possible to scale up spell effects by increasing the ST to use the spells.
I've been trying to work on a conversion for this, but I stalled a number of years ago and I don't know if there's any chance of it going anywhere legally (i.e. Does/will Metagaming still own Lords of underearth?)
The main change I made was to calculate the Combat Power in the following manner: (ST + adjDX + 2*Armor)/15

This doesn't help of course with the spell effects, but it might be a start like this if you just want to abstract effects:
(ST + adjDX + 2*Armor + IQ of highest spell known)/20

Getting more detailed will take more work, but again, maybe its possible to generalize a bit based on overall spell type and/or hex size.
Lord Inar is offline   Reply With Quote