Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-24-2015, 09:13 AM   #1
BraselC5048

Default GURPS vehicle builder - can't get fuel weight to show up

EDIT: Never mind, fuel was under something else. I don't feel stupid. (Actually yes I do.)

I'm running GURPS vehicle builder and trying to make a orbital jet fighter, which uses turbofans in the atmosphere and a simplified (compared to the simple hydrogen fusion used in large fusion reactions) D-T fusion rocket to reach low orbit (or at least sub orbit). The idea is that it's launched from a (starship) carrier to secure air superiority in a planet with an atmosphere. It has no weapons that will work in space, and would in any case just get blasted by a starship laser (it's a battleship navy). The problem is that I can't get the weight of the fuel (both jet and hydrogen) to show up in vehicle builder, and that would be pretty heavy.

The second problem is that my assumptions for fusion reactor size differ pretty heavily from those in vehicle builder (particularly regarding weight and minimum size). A duel-mode fusion rocket and fusion air ram would be nice, but it would weight a heck of a lot more then listed in my universe. (completely separate ducts for starters, and that's not including the radiators for when in fusion rocket mode and out of the atmosphere.) On the plus side, it doesn't need reentry shielding, since the carrier can start it at a leisurely place of a couple hundred knots relative to the atmosphere.

Finally, is there any way to add plain additional (or negative) weight to the vehicle? For example, if you want the weight of the driver to be less, or if you want a heavier engine?

Last edited by BraselC5048; 06-24-2015 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Stupidity
BraselC5048 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vehicle builder, vehicle design system, vehicles