Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2019, 01:57 PM   #24
naloth

Default Re: PC Races of Middle Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by khorboth View Post
I've toyed with the idea, but... then it gets too broad. They were good at everything. What would you put in it? What is the essence of Elven competence?
We don't see any "young" Elves in any of the works I've read. Most of them are centuries old, which means that high IQ could be experience rather than racial. I wouldn't bother with including what PCs can just buy.

As for the other traits, some could be learned while others would be inborn. If "light walk" is something that all Elves do from birth it should be part of the template. If it's a skill they learn later, then it could be included (presuming some minimum training) or left out of the template to be bought when learned.

Quote:
Taboo Traits: Gizmo, Luck, Super Luck, Serendipity, Blessed (Heroic Feats) [-5]
Elf heroes could very easily have these. The type of destiny they have doesn't seem to preclude things going their way or being so good that they just don't fail as often as critical failures would indicate.
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tolkien