Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #31
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: Question about Luck advantage: Do you re-roll all three dice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Rabbit View Post
Bare with me on this-- I don't have rules nearly as down as I used too-- but I thought I remembered reading that you could use advantages or disadvantages as enhacements/limitations on other advantages and limitations. Something about the percent is equal to the cost of the advant/disadvant?
Temporary Disadvantage will do this with Disads. For advantages you need to take both traits and then use Link, Follow-Up, or Accessibility (or something else) to connect them.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:37 PM   #32
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Quote:
That got me thinking about guys that are "lucky" at one thing but not everything. I wouldn't want to mess with applying a luck enhancement on a skill, but maybe applied to a talent you could create a character who was lucky within a certain field.

If you guys don't like that idea... how would you represent someone who's lucky but only within a small field of activities?

Would you just limit the luck advantage?

If you go with the talent thing, then do you allow players to buy the enhancement on multiple sets of skills?
Do you have GURPS Powers? I seem to recall that it actually talks about how Luck is affected by Power Talent.

If for some strange reason you aren't able to buy GURPS Powers, you can just go with Aspected Luck. The Limitations seems to be hardwired to -20% and should be "quite limiting". For instance, to Combat Only, or to Thief/Spy Skill Rolls Only.
Peter Knutsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #33
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Quote:
See, this is another of those nice things 4e had that 3e didn't... at least you didn't name another book that, to quote the kids from Dork Tower, MUST BE MINE lol
GURPS Powers must be yours. It's the 3rd core book.
Peter Knutsen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advantage, dice, die, luck, rules clarification