Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 12:09 PM   #31
Pragmatic
Ceci n'est pas une tag.

Default Re: The 2012 e23 Releases and Speculation Thread

Me, too, but I also have just under 30 items in the Classics that I'm waiting for, so I don't mind the occasional non-new item. :-)

I ended up giving away all my 3E stuff last weekend, except for the licensed stuff (Alpha Centauri, Uplift, and Blue Planet) and a few items that hadn't come out as Classics yet but I still liked (e.g., Bestiary).
Old 02-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #32
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
Look at it this way: The faster they burn through all the Classic items, the sooner they'll have to produce new content every week...
Well, I don't know that physical constraints will allow for that, but it doesn't hurt to hope.
Quote:
Two words: asbestos underwear.
If it's literally burning, I suppose that might be necessary... or you could just not keep it in your pocket ;)
Old 02-09-2012, 12:40 PM   #33
SCAR

Does the 5 weeks of Classic Conan releases mean we're not likely to see new 4e stuff until at least late March?
I assume Pyramid will still be released next week as well as the first Conan adventure?
None of which particularly interest me.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #34
ULFGARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAR View Post
Does the 5 weeks of Classic Conan releases mean we're not likely to see new 4e stuff until at least late March?
I assume Pyramid will still be released next week as well as the first Conan adventure?
None of which particularly interest me.
My guess is no -- we'll see at least 1 4e product yet this month in addition to Pyramid. But what do I know? I thought Conan was dead to the world.

I'm on board with the Classic Conan releases. Big time. But the other classic releases have already been items I owned and/or had no interest in. That's fine.

In the mean time, I ended up picking up Thaumatology: Age of Gold and Thaumatology: Alchemical Baroque, in both cases to see their treatment of Ritual/Path magic in their respective settings. Turns out to be a winner, as I've thoroughly enjoyed reading them and I plan to steal some real gems to graft into my fantasy campaign.

None of this has slaked my desire for new 4e work -- and I'm eagerly awaiting several of the items in the pipeline.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #35
Paulon

Just to help with the release order a little, Beyond Thunder River is probably next week. It lists its copyright as 1988, while the other three are all from 1989.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #36
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULFGARD
My guess is no -- we'll see at least 1 4e product yet this month in addition to Pyramid.
That seems like a reasonable guess. I don't think the planned releases of the Conan titles will have much of an impact on Pyramid coming out as usual. There's so much 4E stuff in the pipeline that this first half of the year is shaping up nicely.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #37
ronom

Boy, there's alot of great stuff in the pipe! After playing Fallout: New Vegas I'm ready for RPK's new series!
Old 02-17-2012, 08:26 AM   #38
captaincomic

GURPS After the End?! Really?
I want it!!! :) I'm running a post-apo campaign right now.

I quickly went to changedetection.com and added http://www.sjgames.com/newproducts/
Now I'm staring desperately at my empty inbox waiting for news...

Does anybody have an idea about when it is going to be released? Weeks, month, within this year?
Old 02-17-2012, 05:40 PM   #39
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincomic View Post
GURPS After the End?! Really?
I want it!!! :) I'm running a post-apo campaign right now.

I quickly went to changedetection.com and added http://www.sjgames.com/newproducts/
Now I'm staring desperately at my empty inbox waiting for news...

Does anybody have an idea about when it is going to be released? Weeks, month, within this year?
When it's ready, and not a minute sooner than that!
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:05 PM   #40
Proteus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalapeno_dude View Post
February 23rd: GURPS Conan solo adventure #2
March 1st: GURPS Conan solo adventure #3
March 8th: GURPS Conan solo adventure #4
March 15th: GURPS Power-Ups 4
"Pah!" I said to myself. "Power-Ups 4 has been in final production for a month! Surely we'll get it here, at the end of February!"

However, darned if jalapeno_dude wasn't right about a delay. I wonder if there's some arrangement with the Howard estate for exclusive release dates (not counting Pyramid magazine) to showcase the license?
Closed Thread

Tags
2012, e23, e23; speculation; 2012, speculation