Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 10-15-2017, 10:38 PM   #41
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: Printing cardboard heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom H. View Post
Yes, there are some issues to be ironed out.
I've been making my own the last decade or so. Plenty of pics online to use. The hard part is fiddling the scale in MSPaint.

Yes, yes, I know, I'm practically using cavemen tech.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 10:50 PM   #42
Tom H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
. . .
The hard part is fiddling the scale in MSPaint.

Yes, yes, I know, I'm practically using cavemen tech.
There's nothing wrong with that.

I miss MSPaint. Nothing like that came free on the old MacBook Pro I'm using now.

A while back, I actually resized some vehicle pictures to the 1" GURPS scale in MSPaint and mounted them on foam-board. (Of course, I wouldn't want to play Car Wars in that scale.)
Tom H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:28 AM   #43
Highland_Piper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Marsh View Post
I've uploaded a new version of the ZIP package with revised files for the maps and Cardboard Heroes figures. I don't think these will make a difference for most users, but hopefully the bump in quality will help with some of the more-ambitious applications (while still keeping the file sizes manageable for the majority of devices and PDF readers out there).

As ever, if you discover any problems, please let me know!
Is this something available to backers or on the web store? I own all the Cardboard Heroes but would appreciate some better quality files. I have a lot of paper miniatures and prefer to print them on photo paper.

Also

I would back a Cardboard Heroes Kickstarter. Especially if it came with a paperback Monster/pregen characters to go with it. Maybe an adventure with maps as a stretch goal.
GURPS Mega Dungeons DFRPG Facebook Page

Last edited by Highland_Piper; 10-20-2017 at 07:07 AM.
Highland_Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 05:06 PM   #44
Teclis

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
No plans. Is this something you would support if we took the idea of a Cardboard Heroes box to Kickstarter?
I would definitely buy good quality cardboard heroes if they were available not just for Fantasy but for other settings to like Space and Autoduel.
Teclis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 05:11 PM   #45
Teclis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
I already answered this elsewhere, but in case others didn't see it I'm going to answer it here. I like the idea of more Cardboard Heroes, but not if they are just a reprint of the existing Cardboard Heroes in cardstock cutout format. I already have both big sets of existing CH (Fantasy & Modern), plus a number of additional sheets (from the various GURPS Traveller sets, the Horror GM Screen, and a couple other places), so just recycling the old artwork doesn't really get me interested.

OTOH, having some value-added content, such as some new CH, or a DFRPG Bestiary with matching figures, or possibly some other idea for value-added content that hasn't been floated yet - that would be enough to grab my attention.
Where did you buy them (the two large sets: Fantasy and modern)? I went through every single vendor listed in the SJ Games website and not a single one of them stocked GURPS cardboard heroes (in fact most of them didn't even carry GURPS).
Teclis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:05 PM   #46
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teclis View Post
Where did you buy them (the two large sets: Fantasy and modern)? I went through every single vendor listed in the SJ Games website and not a single one of them stocked GURPS cardboard heroes (in fact most of them didn't even carry GURPS).
I purchased both sets years ago when they were still new, and two more sets (one of each) a couple years ago when they popped up on eBay. A couple years ago they could still be found for about $25; I don't really see any for sale now though (there is one set of Modern available from Austrialia for ~$80, and a few of the individual Fantasy Sets).

Unfortunately they have been out of print for years, so finding them now could be difficult. This means that a reprint or remake in the DF Standups format could be valuable for many people, just not for me since I don't need another copy of all the figures.
Kaboom-baya.

Last edited by ericbsmith; 11-18-2017 at 12:13 PM.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardboard heroes, dungeon fantasy, print on demand