Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-27-2016, 03:09 PM   #11
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Default Re: Hard Maths: Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecommabandit View Post
Out of turn Aim? I'm not familiar with you mean by that. As far as I figured it out, the PD computer is basically taking a Wait manoeuvre, queuing up an Aim followed up an All-Out-Attack (Determined). It seemed totally rule-legal to me!
Well, a Wait is normally targeted against a hex, or a group of hexes, in a way that will make the PD very directional at best. It's a bit messy and I'm somewhat sleepy, so I might be too vague and/or misremembering some parts.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:22 AM   #12
thecommabandit

Today is GURPSday, and in the fine tradition of leaving everything to the last minute, here is the second* post of the week! Today's post is the first instalment of my new Dramatis Personae column, where I conjure up characters for you to use, either as NPCs or as PCs, with tips and hooks for integrating them into a campaign or getting players involved with them. The first person is "Captain" Ilia Elektrostal, a former interstellar shipping employee who, with the aid of her loyal crew, stole the starship she worked on from her employers and went rogue as a freemerchant and tramp freighter captain.

* -- I didn't count the Cross-Post, since it required so little work.
Old 12-01-2016, 04:11 AM   #13
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Today is GURPSday, and in the fine tradition of leaving everything to the last minute, here is the second* post of the week! Today's post is the first instalment of my new Dramatis Personae column, where I conjure up characters for you to use, either as NPCs or as PCs, with tips and hooks for integrating them into a campaign or getting players involved with them. The first person is "Captain" Ilia Elektrostal, a former interstellar shipping employee who, with the aid of her loyal crew, stole the starship she worked on from her employers and went rogue as a freemerchant and tramp freighter captain.

* -- I didn't count the Cross-Post, since it required so little work.
Shouldn't that be Liliya/Lilya/Lilia/Lily Elektrostal? Ilia seems like a variant transliteration of the male name Ilya.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:28 AM   #14
thecommabandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
Shouldn't that be Liliya/Lilya/Lilia/Lily Elektrostal? Ilia seems like a variant transliteration of the male name Ilya.
It might be. I know Slavic names have specific forms and diminutive versions but I admit I didn't check; I saw the same and it felt appropriate.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:40 AM   #15
thecommabandit

I seem to be making a habit of getting one good post out almost right after the GURPSday pull, then leaving the second to the very last minute. Oh well!

Today's post is Equipment Locker: New Beams for Blaster and Laser Design, which has been a long time coming. Off and on for about the last year or so, I've been noodling about reverse-engineering the beam weapons in Ultra-Tech that weren't representing in Pulver's beam design article, and a week or so ago I finally sat down, made a spreadsheet and stuffed all the numbers in. Most of them worked. With this post, you can now design your own electrolasers, sonic screamers and stunners, plasma flamers and guns, neural and mind disruptors, and disintegrators!
Old 12-03-2016, 10:06 AM   #16
Bruno

Quote:
Most of them worked. With this post, you can now design your own electrolasers, sonic screamers and stunners, plasma flamers and guns, neural and mind disruptors, and disintegrators!
The great thing about this sort of project is that you can use it to change fundamental assumptions about how much damage or whatever a particular technology should have, and quickly pump out replacement weapon stats.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 05:48 PM   #17
thecommabandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
The great thing about this sort of project is that you can use it to change fundamental assumptions about how much damage or whatever a particular technology should have, and quickly pump out replacement weapon stats.
Yeah, the E is a nice little summary of it. Essentially, E is the number of damage dice a weapon weighing 1lb deals. If you want to make your own new beam types, it helps you get the ballpark-figure for how much damage you want it to do.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:12 PM   #18
Phantasm

Quote:
Today's post is Equipment Locker: New Beams for Blaster and Laser Design, which has been a long time coming. Off and on for about the last year or so, I've been noodling about reverse-engineering the beam weapons in Ultra-Tech that weren't representing in Pulver's beam design article, and a week or so ago I finally sat down, made a spreadsheet and stuffed all the numbers in. Most of them worked. With this post, you can now design your own electrolasers, sonic screamers and stunners, plasma flamers and guns, neural and mind disruptors, and disintegrators!
Bookmarked! This is awesome work, can't wait to add a "disruptor" line to my Sith & Wesson family of blasters. ;)

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 02:26 AM   #19
thecommabandit

Yesterday's post (because I forgot to press send on this forum post) is a resource: a character sheet for spaceships. I posted the first iteration of it here on the forums a while ago, and only got one reply (though it was full of useful feedback). I made a second version based on the feedback of the first, then found I had lots of space to fill... Now I have a larger audience from my blog, I'm asking for a bit more input on the sheet. It's not in a usable state yet – lots of gaps – but hopefully with a few more critical eyes on it I should be able to fill it out and release a final version!
Old 12-08-2016, 08:55 AM   #20
Emerald Cat

Quote:
Yesterday's post (because I forgot to press send on this forum post) is a resource: a character sheet for spaceships. I posted the first iteration of it here on the forums a while ago, and only got one reply (though it was full of useful feedback). I made a second version based on the feedback of the first, then found I had lots of space to fill... Now I have a larger audience from my blog, I'm asking for a bit more input on the sheet. It's not in a usable state yet – lots of gaps – but hopefully with a few more critical eyes on it I should be able to fill it out and release a final version!
You should add white space between "Systems" and "Front". Right now those words blend together. Separating them would make it easier to jump to the front hull section.

I like the cheat sheet you put on the back.
Emerald Cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blog, blogs, gurps, ultra-tech