Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-13-2016, 06:25 PM   #11
Propjock

Default Re: Some vehicles.

I "did" one vehicle once and it was challenging. I can't imagine researching this many different types. I expected just stat blocks, but there's also write ups. Great job!
Propjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 02:02 AM   #12
Tomsdad

Yeah I loved the format, it felt like I was reading an add on to High Tech!
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 03:49 AM   #13
Gollum

The 2CV Citroën! Great!

Amazing work. Thank you for it.
Gollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 05:26 AM   #14
Maz

Very nice.

Do you happen to have any suggestions for any general rules for making cars/bikes armoured?
Maz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 10:38 AM   #15
Sam Baughn

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and some other bits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Do you happen to have any suggestions for any general rules for making cars/bikes armoured?
Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a simple method.

As a very rough guide, I think adding DR ~15 (possibly up to DR 20 for very good materials) to around half of a typical car's surface area (which seems to be about the coverage most armoured cars use) should add about a ton of weight and reduce move by around 25% and double that should reduce move by about 40%. In theory, larger vehicles should scale DR with ST (so that DR 15 would translate to around ST*0.27), weight should scale with the cube of ST, performance should scale with something close to the square root of weight (so adding the same fraction of ST as DR would reduce move by the same fraction so long as the empty to loaded weight ratio of the original vehicle stays the same).

Adding significant weight without rebuilding the chassis and replacing the engine can cause problems, probably reducing HT. Handling and Stability seem likely to suffer as well.
Sam Baughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 12:19 PM   #16
Kalzazz

This is very awesome

One thing that would be a very cool improvement would be to include a picture of the vehicles in question (I think it is legal to do so under fair use, wikipedia includes tons of pictures of vehicles)

Majorly looking forward to future expansions! The vehicles you have done up are very cool, so looking forward to seeing more

Are there any rules for kickstarting vehicles or other methods of turning vehicles on somewhere in GURPS? I have very painful memories of kickstarting a KLR 250, and a critical fumble can easily result in you and the bike tumbling merrily away (especially if you are taking penalties from being on a slope or on mud or gravel etc!)
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vehicles