Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-24-2017, 05:22 PM   #21
safisher
Gunnery Sergeant,
 Imperial Marines
Coauthor,
 GURPS High-Tech

Default Re: Pyramid #3/103: Setbacks

This is a great issue. I have a use for all the articles, especially Mad as Bones and the Spaceships Malfunctions ones. However, the big Silk Road map (which is excellent) being included in the pdf is a bit clunky for me. It changes the automatic re-sizing on my pdf reader, which I don't prefer. In the future I'd suggest zipping it with the main pdf as a separate file.
safisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:46 AM   #22
Michele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
If you run a Monster Hunters campaign or just something in that style, I think you'll find it pretty useful. It's got a range of NPCs who might operate somewhere in the orbit of major monsters. Not just a bunch of faceless 50 point cultists, but things like corrupt officials, people who make deals with monsters, potential victims, gang bangers, and so on. It'd have some further utility in a range of modern-ish campaigns (say, GURPS Action where fairly normal people are nevertheless up to no good.
Yes.
And thank you for taking care of this for me!
Old 05-25-2017, 02:17 PM   #23
Stone Dog

It sounds like this would be a great issue to buy if you wanted to do a Darkest Dungeon style Dungeon Fantasy.
Stone Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:43 PM   #24
PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by safisher View Post
This is a great issue. I have a use for all the articles, especially Mad as Bones and the Spaceships Malfunctions ones. However, the big Silk Road map (which is excellent) being included in the pdf is a bit clunky for me. It changes the automatic re-sizing on my pdf reader, which I don't prefer. In the future I'd suggest zipping it with the main pdf as a separate file.
Just a suggestion: Because our files are DRM-free, you can use a simple PDF editor (like PDFsam) to split, merge, etc., any issue of Pyramid. I do this regularly to make my own compilations for quick access (e.g., I have "Pyramid_Madness.pdf" containing every article that I use for my Madness Dossier game); it's very handy.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 04:08 PM   #25
Steven Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
Just a suggestion: Because our files are DRM-free, you can use a simple PDF editor (like PDFsam) to split, merge, etc., any issue of Pyramid. I do this regularly to make my own compilations for quick access (e.g., I have "Pyramid_Madness.pdf" containing every article that I use for my Madness Dossier game); it's very handy.
Also, some of our readers don't have a way of dealing with PDFs if they aren't all one file . . . most notably those who are only on tablets or iPads and don't actually have computers.

I'm open to the idea of future discussion on this (really . . . please!), but – for the time being – I've been erring on the side of "mildly inconvenience those who can slice up a PDF on their home computer" versus "sell a ZIP file that a soldier overseas can't read at all because their tablet can only download straight PDFs."
Steven Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 04:20 PM   #26
Bruno

The If I Had My Druthers solution would be to upgrade Warehouse 23 to be able to deliver one-or-many files PDFs from a single store item, w/out zipping. My CGI stores all handle this since products are often very large and CGI artists are often very poor and have crappy internet connections :)

Yes, I do know y'all just finished upgrading Warehouse 23. Just sayin' that would be perfection.

EDIT: To clarify the concept; I would e.g. buy Pyramid #3/103 and I would get two download links for it in my product list, with an identifying name for each one - formatted as sub-headers under the Pyramid #3/103 item. Other one-file items would retain current formatting.

Last edited by Bruno; 05-25-2017 at 05:20 PM.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 04:51 PM   #27
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Marsh View Post
Also, some of our readers don't have a way of dealing with PDFs if they aren't all one file . . . most notably those who are only on tablets or iPads and don't actually have computers.

I'm open to the idea of future discussion on this (really . . . please!), but – for the time being – I've been erring on the side of "mildly inconvenience those who can slice up a PDF on their home computer" versus "sell a ZIP file that a soldier overseas can't read at all because their tablet can only download straight PDFs."
I think the current way is better. One file to Rule Them All.
We can always melt it down later.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 02:48 PM   #28
GM Joe

I got a notice that the file's been updated. I'm curious what's changed.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:01 PM   #29
Steven Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Joe View Post
I got a notice that the file's been updated. I'm curious what's changed.
A duplicate sentence on p. 4 was deleted.
Steven Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 03:06 PM   #30
GM Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Marsh View Post
A duplicate sentence on p. 4 was deleted.
Ah! I was wondering given the previous discussion if it had to do with the map. But fixing editorial mistakes is good, too! :)

Tags
pyramid, pyramid 3/103