Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 08-27-2018, 04:33 PM   #61
offsides

Default Re: Presenting the Israeli Golem (unofficial)

2 thoughts:

1. Regardless of how much the ultra-orthodox right has been taking over the country lately, Israel is, at it's heart, a secular Jewish State. Plus, no matter how much the texts may influence things, when push comes to shove Israel will do whatever it takes to protect itself against outside aggressors - including fielding Ogres.

2. Regarding the troop bays, I always saw the doors as being underneath, allowing the INF to drop down (or climb up) while generally protecting them from anything but perhaps an overrun by INF who are suicidal enough to run underneath. I saw the D8 as what it took to rattle the troop bay enough to actually damage the INF inside (and thus why the bay couldn't be destroyed). I think if you wanted to target the doors directly you could use a D4, but other than INF in an overrun or mines, I'm not sure there's any way to actually target them - and that might be too fiddly to include as an edge (or really corner) case...
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 04:57 PM   #62
Mack_JB

I was reading my copy of the new "Battle Box" rules, and note the Vulcan internal stowage capacity is already detailed there, so maybe just lift that text from the Vulcan and drop it into the Golem subset of rules.

Per Rule 15.02.1, the Vulcan can carry a bunch of gear inside, but you can't hit it.
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 06:01 PM   #63
ColBosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
I was reading my copy of the new "Battle Box" rules, and note the Vulcan internal stowage capacity is already detailed there, so maybe just lift that text from the Vulcan and drop it into the Golem subset of rules.

Per Rule 15.02.1, the Vulcan can carry a bunch of gear inside, but you can't hit it.
That's what I was saying. ;)

Edit: Or, at least, was trying to say.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote