Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 10-13-2018, 10:01 AM   #1
larsdangly

Default Who is playing this weekend?

I've been playing TFT about twice a week since the 'beta' of the ITL pdf came out, and will be back at the table in a couple of hours today. We're having a terrific time just free-form campaigning in a very large sandboxy setting composed of a sprawling city and surrounding cyclopean ruins and landscape.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:20 AM   #2
Tenex

Default Re: Who is playing this weekend?

I've been running my kids through the coastal Sanctuary setting that was published back in the early 80's. I don't know anyone else local. I used to live in LA, if I were still there I would look you up.
Tenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:25 PM   #3
Shroomofinsanity

I've been running a sandbox/west marches style campaign for my players when our normal stuff falls through. They have been enjoying it. They managed to **** off some elves and negotiate with a dragon, so they've been doing well.
Shroomofinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 12:32 PM   #4
Todd Roll

Been running a game based on the Dreamlands of HPL. Have played three sessions so far and the players and I are both enjoying the game.

Characters include humans, a halfling, a gargoyle, a sidhe, a centaur, a dwarf and some mermen.
Todd Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 02:56 PM   #5
chrisbender

My wife and I have been playing this as a two player minis skirmish game, and it's been great. So far I'm just using the rules from Melee, and I've been impressed with the very elegant rules system.

We did a 6 figure per side battle a couple weeks ago and it went well. I think this weekend I'll try to add in some Wizards and see how things go.

- Chris
chrisbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:20 AM   #6
larsdangly

Cool! A year or so of just playing Melee was my on-ramp experience to roleplaying games in general. The game can seem a little simple when its just 1 on 1 with no magicians, but as soon as a third figure shows up on the map it really sings. I feel it is similar to chess in this respect. Two bishops dueling on an open chess board is not really a game of chess. Two sides that each have a bishop and a knight is a game of chess.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote