Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 05-06-2011, 11:35 PM   #1
Byte

Default Question: Instant Kill and You're Mine

I have Bat Bat in play and a bat shows up. I announce I will use its ability to kill the monster. Is combat over?

My understanding is that players can still play Wandering Monster so I've always interpreted as any instant kill/defeated ability (charm, polymorph potion, ect) doesn't necessarily end combat so that's how I've been explaining the rules. My friend says that since combat is not over he can play "You're Mine!" since it says to "take place of all players in combat." Was that legal since the card doesn't reference any monster eligibility? If so, what happens to the lvl and treasures? I can understand that the treasure would be his, but the levels too?

Assuming the playing "You're Mine!" isn't legal: Let says he plays wandering monster with a weak monster, then plays "You're Mine!" and wins combat, what happens to the level from killing the original bat and its treasure?
Byte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 06:28 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Question: Instant Kill and You're Mine

Which card are you referring to? I'm having a hard time finding a card named "You're Mine" in the database. . .
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:30 AM   #3
Byte

Sorry, I don't know which set it was from. I just remember it was the first time seeing the card and how it was played. So I made some notes about the card. I only remember that it has some female wizard on as the picture on the bottom of the card.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:33 PM   #4
MunchkinMan

If your'e referring to the set icon, there is a list. I'm guessing you're referring to Munchkin Fairy Dust, but see if any of the icons in the below link match what you remember seeing.

http://www.worldofmunchkin.com/icons/
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:17 PM   #5
SmokeRulz

Hrm. I don't see any Fairy Dust card that has an effect similar to whatever move he's trying to describe. I can only assume he's playing Bites because he mentions Bat monsters, and I don't own Bites, so I don't have a personal database for it. Perhaps you can try to elaborate as much as you can about the effect of the mystery card next time you're around, Byte.
Apocalypse: 1-2, supplements
Legends: 1
SmokeRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:10 PM   #6
Byte

I'm sorry I just don't remember. Let's just forget about that card specifically. What happens to the rewards of the first monster if:

1. I have Bat Bat and and kill a bat
2. Someone plays a Wandering Monster and adds a monster
3. That person then uses Transferal Potion to fight the remaining new monster and wins.

Tags
combat, instant, treasure, you're mine