Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 01:59 AM   #61
johndallman
Night Watchman

Default Re: The 2018 Digital Release Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
I was looking but unable to find a recent Kromm post on the subject, I thought I recalled him addressing PKs project in the past few weeks.
Only in post #53 of this current thread, I think.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:47 AM   #62
Proteus

Quote:
Proteus,you may be right I just want to be careful about putting in our guesses in it. Make sense?
I agree completely: sourced facts in the initial posts, and wild hand-waving thereafter.

The specific entry you referred to has been bugging me for some time, since it's almost uselessly vague and also quite ancient; it's been sticking around at the tail end of the list, never changing but still justifying random (often wild, never borne-out) speculation, for multiple years now. I think there's reasonable evidence it's either a mistake or a canceled project.

(Come to think on it, didn't Kromm at one point several years ago specifically comment that SJG had had a conversion, either of "Ein Arris" or of "All in a Night’s Work", which was canceled, in part because a freebie wasn't effective use of scarce production resources?)

On the other hand, a GG-RPG-PBG seems more reasonable and timely supposition, based on past history, the Foglio FAQ entry, and its coincidence with PK's activities
Old 06-14-2018, 02:30 AM   #63
Refplace

Minor updates based on conversation with Proteus and spelling correction from Douglas Cole.
Why drop the e in Judgment anyway? English is such a weird language.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 06-14-2018, 01:13 PM   #64
whswhs

Quote:
Minor updates based on conversation with Proteus and spelling correction from Douglas Cole.
Why drop the e in Judgment anyway? English is such a weird language.
The UK spelling is "judgement" and "acknowledgement"; the US spelling drops the e's. I think it's because US publishers are cheap. In the same way, the British double final consonants in "traveller" and "worshipping" but Americans don't. This still bothers me, as I was taught the British spelling in elementary school, and the current American spelling looks illiterate to me.

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:51 PM   #65
Proteus

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
In the same way, the British double final consonants in "traveller" and "worshipping" but Americans don't.
I also got trained up in several British spellings — and playing GDW's original Traveller RPG didn't help....

But what I really came to say, Refplace, was that I found that Kromm post I referenced earlier, about the 4e conversion of the 3e solo adventure "All in a Night's Work". I’ve always thought that was PK's long-long-discarded conversion project, though I have no other particular hard evidence for it. That said, I think that's where it fits best, rather than creating an entirely new entry in the catalog. (And, who knows, we still might see it someday, if the stars align without it being Cthulhu....)

Last edited by Proteus; 06-14-2018 at 01:56 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:54 PM   #66
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
But what I really came to say, Refplace, was that I found that Kromm post I referenced earlier, about the 4e conversion of the 3e solo adventure "All in a Night's Work". I’ve always thought that was PK's long-long-discarded conversion project, though I have no other particular hard evidence for it. That said, I think that's where it fits best, rather than creating an entirely new entry in the catalog. (And, who knows, we still might see it someday, if the stars align without it being Cthulhu....)
Thanks for that link, I put it in as speculative.
I note we have 5 in first draft status for this year.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 06-21-2018, 03:52 PM   #67
Refplace

And we have our June Pyramid!!! #3/116 Locations, taking a nip at the wish list which is now down to 3 remaining issues.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 06-24-2018, 02:52 PM   #68
Proteus

There's some news (though more about scheduling than subject!) in Bill Stoddard's latest blog post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs

At the start of the week, I got back comments on my current GURPS supplement. The line editor and I have thrashed out a few rules issue, and I've started my revision. As of tonight, I've done the great majority of the revisions to Chapters 1 and 2 (out of a total of 6) and added in a vignette, which I've borrowed from GURPS Steam-Tech (after 15 years, I think it may be okay to re-use it). I hope to get through the remaining chapters in a week or less.

Then comes the challenging part: Researching additional material, both from the suggestions in the comments and from my list of things to look into for the revised draft. I'll have around a month to do that. And once that's done, I can do as much neatening up of the organization as time permits.

And then comes the playtest, which I expect to be really lively. . . .
Old 06-24-2018, 06:04 PM   #69
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
There's some news (though more about scheduling than subject!) in Bill Stoddard's latest blog post:
Thank you, I dont check his blog every week.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 06-28-2018, 03:57 PM   #70
Refplace

Some interesting news!
Looks like we have the next two items predicted..
GURPS Hot Spots is a travelogue? Might be a reference to the series but might be a hint for this specific item. The last Pyramid supported it thematically and it was expected to appear in June but now July.
GURPS Steampunk 2 Steam and Shellfire is probably next in line so that would be August. Unless were lucky enough to get 2 new items in a month.

Furthermore it appears the next two Pyramids support upcoming publications. So another Location issue? I doubt that but Steampunk seems likely.
And the next DF adventure is almost ready, enough to get the "More adventures!" crowd to says its supported?
All in all a good bit of news!
My GURPS Wiki entries
Closed Thread