Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #571
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
There is in fact a Disturbance (1 pt) coming from the back of the truck, where the other cop is.
Can Kane's ear pick up on the nature of the Disturbance? A Song, an Essence-boost to skill, something else?

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:46 PM   #572
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Can Kane's ear pick up on the nature of the Disturbance? A Song, an Essence-boost to skill, something else?
Can Kane think through his current distraction? ;P His Perception is (pulls out notebook), the Black Butler deck is kind to you. TN okay, CD Jack.

It's a Song.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:48 PM   #573
Rocket Man

Quote:
Can Kane think through his current distraction? ;P
LOL, I had a feeling the question would come up. Ur, so to speak.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #574
RadLilim

Hey all, sorry for being quiet for so long. My new job takes so much more brain power and energy than my previous one, that I have nothing left for when I get home.

I love the everyone here and the game, but I don't have the time anymore. Sorry all, I'll have to bow out (again). Enjoy the game and put Hell in it's place.

take care, Jason

Wanna buy one? - Radueriel, Free Lilim
RadLilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #575
Dalillama

Best wishes with your new job. You'll be missed over here, but real life comes first.
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:42 PM   #576
Rocket Man

I'll second our darlin' Dali. Sorry to lose you, Jason, but I do understand. Come back anytime; you've been fun to play with, however briefly.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:39 PM   #577
tHEhERETIC

Excuse the cranky GM but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch keeps a straight face at the sounds coming from the back, apparently ignoring them "I'm unaware of any disturbance that this truck was involved in. Do you have more details Officer Shaw?" He looks puzzled at the nun comment "While I'm sure nun's like ice cream as much as the next person, they are rarely found in ice cream vans."
You realize that is a Big Fat Lie. If the cop calls you on the bloodstains on the back...to say nothing of Seraph resonance.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 03-18-2012 at 09:47 PM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #578
Rocket Man

Quote:
Excuse the cranky GM but...

You realize that is a Big Fat Lie. If the cop calls you on the bloodstains on the back...
Were there bloodstains on the back? I didn't recall seeing that mentioned. Of course, it's been a number of days since it would have come up, so I may just not be remembering.

And it's not technically a lie. The truck itself wasn't involved in the disturbance ... it was a bystander while other people did the disturbing. Had it been blown up in the course of the action, then it might logically be said to be "involved."

Old 03-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #579
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Were there bloodstains on the back? I didn't recall seeing that mentioned. Of course, it's been a number of days since it would have come up, so I may just not be remembering.

And it's not technically a lie. The truck itself wasn't involved in the disturbance ... it was a bystander while other people did the disturbing. Had it been blown up in the course of the action, then it might logically be said to be "involved."
There were corpses piled at the tailgate, but no I didn't mention any blood getting on it. I just figured in all the confusion...

However, since the truck/tether was the goal of the demons and part of the negotiations, and physically present, I think you're hard pressed to say it was not at all involved. The MacGuffin is always involved, even if you never find it. And if you have to say technically...! :)
Old 03-18-2012, 09:56 PM   #580
Rocket Man

Quote:
There were corpses piled at the tailgate, but no I didn't mention any blood getting on it. I just figured in all the confusion...
My own thought was that if there had been, we would have noticed it while easing the truck down the driveway.

Quote:
However, since the truck/tether was the goal of the demons and part of the negotiations, and physically present, I think you're hard pressed to say it was not at all involved. The MacGuffin is always involved, even if you never find it. And if you have to say technically...! :)
Point. Unless the Seraph had anything different in mind? (Looks to Puck) :)

Tags
in nomine